Chris Mack will be New Xavier Coach

Pistol

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/ne...o&type=lgns

ESPN is still saying Xavier is "closing in" on the new coach after interviewing several candidates, and Yahoo has this article today. I hope this is official because I think it's the right move. I am not sure who the other candidates were, as Bobinski (Xavier AD) and his staff have kept it very quiet.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/ne...o&type=lgns

ESPN is still saying Xavier is "closing in" on the new coach after interviewing several candidates, and Yahoo has this article today. I hope this is official because I think it's the right move. I am not sure who the other candidates were, as Bobinski (Xavier AD) and his staff have kept it very quiet.

I have read the same info elsewhere. If true it should help X hang on to a solid recruiting class. Of course, the big question is whether or not Chris Mack is ready to coach at this level. Let's hope so. For obvious reasons, we cannot have the xavier program plummet into obscurity

I have read the same info elsewhere. If true it should help X hang on to a solid recruiting class. Of course, the big question is whether or not Chris Mack is ready to coach at this level. Let's hope so. For obvious reasons, we cannot have the xavier program plummet into obscurity

If he can get the sophomore class to stay put, they won't be falling anytime soon. That core includes Frease, Holloway, Redford, Walsh, Lyons, and Crawford- the last two of whom didn't play at all this past season and very well might have been starters. I'm not sure Walsh ever got the redshirt they requested, since he only played in the exhibitions and very limited minutes early on; he could be a 'freshman' again. All the team loses is Raymond and Anderson, so as long as the existing players and the sole signee (Kevin Parrom) stay put, they should find themselves with a nice preseason ranking.

The second item of business for Mack is to get some nice commitments out of the class of 2010; both of their verbally committed players re-opened their recruitments and one other guy, a 6-10 center from the Ukraine who played at IMG Academy, just verballed to Arizona.

If Mack keeps that roster intact, keeps Parrom signed, and either gets the 2 guys to re-commit or gets some other nice 2010 commitments, there won't be any change in Xavier's status as a consistent top-20 program.

If he can get the sophomore class to stay put, they won't be falling anytime soon. That core includes Frease, Holloway, Redford, Walsh, Lyons, and Crawford- the last two of whom didn't play at all this past season and very well might have been starters. I'm not sure Walsh ever got the redshirt they requested, since he only played in the exhibitions and very limited minutes early on; he could be a 'freshman' again. All the team loses is Raymond and Anderson, so as long as the existing players and the sole signee (Kevin Parrom) stay put, they should find themselves with a nice preseason ranking.

The second item of business for Mack is to get some nice commitments out of the class of 2010; both of their verbally committed players re-opened their recruitments and one other guy, a 6-10 center from the Ukraine who played at IMG Academy, just verballed to Arizona.

If Mack keeps that roster intact, keeps Parrom signed, and either gets the 2 guys to re-commit or gets some other nice 2010 commitments, there won't be any change in Xavier's status as a consistent top-20 program.

With many of these schools simply naming their assistants as the head coach, it makes for the coaching moves to not create such a domino effect.