Reid 1st team All-State

SLUDrew

That makes him a lock for Kansas doesn't it

Perry Ellis sounds like a different cat than some of the other Kansas phenoms of the past. But - the Wichita area is becoming known for some strange recruiting wars - at least in football. KU does not always get the top Wichita players. Antoine Carr was one that got away. Dreiling went to WSU - then switched to KU. Darnell Valentine was a major recruit at the time - high school coach ended up as an assistant at KU. I am a KU fan - but the school has a history of handing out jobs to relatives of recruits. Ed Manning came along as a coach a year before his son Danny enrolled. Mario Chalmers dad got a job on the bench the same year that Mario enrolled. So - I think they will pull out all the stops if Ellis continues to get even better the next 3 years. He is a 15 year old Freshman (late in the year birthday). That was what was reported on our local boards - 15 as of the start of the basketball season. I would guess that old Roy Boy, Coach K, and other prestige Universities will all make a play. His high grade point average opens up a lot of other schools not usually able to recruit from this area that might appeal to him. If he continues to improve - everyone will probably get sick of hearing about it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic