We're in the A-10

pooch1918

You've all probably seen the article in the Cincy paper today...I emailed the reporter on how sure he is about this and this was the reply:

100 percent sure (first hand info) that the A-10 presidents voted to invite SLU and Charlotte. SLU is insane if they don't accept. I'm relieved as hell.

I'm relieved also, but will feel better when it is official tomorrow. I hope someone leaks the voting results, if only the #s and then we can speculate.

Let's not be too harsh on Marquette and De Paul because I have a feeling that in the future (4-5 years) we will be together again.

Let's get the arena constructed.

>It's amazing to me that Marquette and Depaul are making this

>move. Their schools and Athletic Departments are much more

>similar to ours. I agree, we will be back with them one

>day.

Playing ND twice a year is the big attraction for them (it's huge for them). But when ND goes to the Big 10 and the Big East fractures along its football / basketball line, then Marquette and DePaul, with hat in hand, shall be looking for a home. Given that this whole thing does kick off until 2005, I really don't think this Big East monster will stay together more than a few years before busting apart at the seams.

Given that this whole thing does kick off until

>2005, I really don't think this Big East monster will stay

>together more than a few years before busting apart at the

>seams.

2010. The BE has already set up an escape clause for the football teams in 2010.

According to one of the articles I read today the football teams can leave after five years (or every five years after that) without paying any penalties.

xu95