Schedule

AGB91

To make the mental exercise easier, all of the known games (to my knowledge) are listed on the front page.

Let me know if I am missing any.

SOME INTERESTING POSTS FROM A CREIGHTON BOARD

THEY ARE STILL WAITING ON THEIR SCHEDULE:

Non-Conference Opponents

Home

11/16/08–New Mexico

12/10/08– Dayton

12/13/08–Northern Colorado (Part of the Las Vegas Classic Tourney)

1 more Home game–Las Vegas Classic Tourney (1 more home game–Liberty, Southern or South Carolina Upsate– Guessing Liberty)

Depaul is playing Liberty and Southern

Fresno St. is playing Northern Colorado and SC Upstate

St. Louis is playing SC Upstate

Oral Roberts (Bracketbuster Return)

Bracketbuster

Akron (rumored on message board, but seemingly less likely)

Open

Open

Away

Arkansas-Little Rock

Nebraska –Rumored to be 11/29/08

St. Joseph –Rumored to be 12/6/08

Neutral

12/22-12/23 Las Vegas Classic Tourney (2 games in Las Vegas–Creighton, Depaul, Fresno State, Saint Louis, Liberty, Northern Colorado, South Carolina Upstate and Southern)

THE VALLEY SCHOOLS ARE DOING THE "PREMIUM SEAT" THING WITH VARIED RESULTS...

Wichita State Finally Joins the 21st Century

Well, maybe they aren’t that far off, but an article in the Wichita Eagle talks about how Koch Arena is finally adding courtside seats for Shocker fans to purchase for a whopping $4260 per seat. The cost for one seat is a $4,000 donation to WSU’s athletic scholarship fund, plus $260 for the price of a season ticket. The seats will be at six of the 10 tables along the court with the middle four tables still reserved for media. There will be 24 courtside seats total.

To compare to the Jays, Creighton has 136 courtside seats, but each one is $1,250 — $600 donation, $650 for a season ticket. Of course, I’m sure that the $600 donation is the low end and that there are higher donations with the Jaybackers.

The rest of the Valley breaks down like this:

Missouri State-With their new arena being built, 48 courtside seats for $5,000 a piece.

Drake-12 seats at $1,000 apiece, the person must make a donation of at least $5,000 per year for five straight years to their Champions Club. I’m sure that will go up after their one-year wonder.

Southern Illinois-48 seats at $2,500 each. I wouldn’t pay that kind of money in that building.

Northern Iowa-44 seats on the floor at the going season-ticket rate of $290 each. However, those were assigned based on the level of giving by the season-ticket holder. If that level of giving drops, the fan is in danger of losing his seat. Very similar to Creighton season-ticket holders and any of the Jaybacker donations for any of the seats.

Illinois St.–Have seats that come right up to the court, but they are not sold at a special price

Valley schools not mentioned in the article and courtside seats:

Bradley–They have seats that come up to the court, but not different from other areas of the arena and of course have their own donation requirements called “Ticket Maintenance”

Indiana St–$285 per Season Ticket, $400 Varsity Club Donation per seat. They started their courtside seats last year, but according to their ticket information they also use some courtside seating for Corporate events. 2 courtside seats with complimentary game programs for VIP’s 98 non-priority lower level tickets (100 total tickets) Varsity Club Room access–$750 per game

Evansville–Does not have courtside seating according to their ticket information.

Does anyone have an idea when the schedule will in fact be announced? This piecing it together is great mental exercise but it has begun to get tedious.

It seems like in recent years, SLU has released the "official" schedule in the third or fourth week of August. You'd be surprised at how much work on the schedule gets done in the last several weeks leading up to the date. I remember it coming out on August 23 one of the years I was at SLU.

It seems like in recent years, SLU has released the "official" schedule in the third or fourth week of August. You'd be surprised at how much work on the schedule gets done in the last several weeks leading up to the date. I remember it coming out on August 23 one of the years I was at SLU.

A little off topic, but I saw that they were going to have a Billiken ticket auction site. Maybe the schedule and ticket sales will be released soon!