ESPN SHootaround A-10 Edition

thetorch

"If I were commish …

By Andy Katz

ESPN.com

The television contract is not good. The A-10 has no regular home on television where you know you'll find a game. The conference has to do a much better job of promoting the elite teams in this conference, especially Xavier, Saint Joseph's, Temple and UMass in the near future.

Also, the A-10 also moved its tournament to Atlantic City. It should stay there. The conference needs to find a permanent home to start building a tradition in its event.

Scheduling teams' three repeat opponents should be done without any subjectivity. It should be done by a computer so there is no bias.

And don't get me going on whether St. Bonaventure should be in the league."

I'm not normally a huge Andy Katz fan, but he's right on the money in this one...even if it's stuff we've known for a while.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?pag...mp;lid=tab5pos1

I sure don't want to fire up this discussion again, but I know there's a lot of Valley lovers on the board so I figured I'd bring this to your attention. Pretty solid write-up overall; I don't know if it's just my short memory but Katz seems to be doing a better job with these this year.

I don't know if it's just my short memory but Katz seems to be doing a better job with these this year.

Could be that Katz is only doing the "If I were commish" part. Kyle Whelliston wrote the A-10 preview and Jeff Shelman (Minneapolis Star-Tribune) penned the MVC piece.