Prepcasts.com

Just got off the phone with my buddy that was at the game.

Difference was Webster shot 25 fts. North 10 and most of those late in the game. Roundtree got in foul trouble early and John had to carry the load. He only shot 7-21 from the field. The officiating was horrible, that is a given with a foul disparity like that. 4 stars had 4 or more fouls. Webster had one player with 3.

Reed isn't a great game coach but even a great coach couldn't make up for that. Also considering Webster has met this stars team several times over the past couple years and couldn't hang with North any of those times speaks volumes.

I watched it on TV. Webster got more calls, but it wasn't a one-sided affair by any means. Calls go to aggressor and Webster was the aggressor. North didn't get to basket in the 1st half, and tried to beat the zone from the outside. Webster attacked the whole game and most of those FT attempts for Webster came late in the game as McCluer North had to foul to stop the clock. It was just a great game plan to expose a known weakness in their team, which was outside shooting. Dilworth was great. He has some upside.

Guest BillikenReport

Also considering Webster has met this stars team several times over the past couple years and couldn't hang with North any of those times speaks volumes.

You mean like that Class 5 quarterfinal game last season when McCluer North beat Webster Groves by four in overtime?

Just got off the phone with my buddy that was at the game.

Difference was Webster shot 25 fts. North 10 and most of those late in the game. Roundtree got in foul trouble early and John had to carry the load. He only shot 7-21 from the field. The officiating was horrible, that is a given with a foul disparity like that. 4 stars had 4 or more fouls. Webster had one player with 3.

North didn't deserve to go the line -- they didn't attack the zone. Femi would take a dribble or two and hoist up one ill-advised long jumper after another. Booker isn't a great inside player but he was jumping over the top of Redel to score all night. If John would have taken his man off the dribble and dropped it off to Booker he could have scored 40.

Guest BillikenReport

North didn't deserve to go the line -- they didn't attack the zone.

That's Torres Roundtree's specialty, but even he didn't drive to the hoop enough.

North didn't deserve to go the line -- they didn't attack the zone. Femi would take a dribble or two and hoist up one ill-advised long jumper after another. Booker isn't a great inside player but he was jumping over the top of Redel to score all night. If John would have taken his man off the dribble and dropped it off to Booker he could have scored 40.

speaking of john; i was at the game last night and as a long time billiken fan i was hoping to be impressed by femi well,i would expect long times in coach rick's doghouse if last night was a true indication of what Femi brings. Twice, he clearly got caught waiting for the pass to come to him so he could fly in for a layup instead of aggressively going to the pass his passivity led to the pass getting picked off. Looked terribly like a lack of hustle also very questionable sportsmanship when the game was winding down with little shoving match with hanlen. upside is he s got a good looking jump shot although not falling last night, a big body, seems to be a strong fairly physical player but i believe may be sitting there at the end of the bench for a while unless last night was just an aberration of his usual play. I dont know Oh well this post has been too long already but will close by stating Booker is the top recruit off that team followed by John w Roundtree a distance behind we shall see what their college careers bring. i hope Ive got the order wrong, and, Femi steps to thr forefront but unfortunately I believe SIU got the prize with Booker