I know its still early in the season but

That's a far cry from a few weeks ago when we were concerned about just making the tournament. A four-seed is very doubtful, as it would mean that you need to win all three at home and at least three of four on the road, which are all versus fairly good teams. I'd be more than thrilled with 2 more road wins and I think that is unlikely.

That's a far cry from a few weeks ago when we were concerned about just making the tournament. A four-seed is very doubtful, as it would mean that you need to win all three at home and at least three of four on the road, which are all versus fairly good teams. I'd be more than thrilled with 2 more road wins and I think that is unlikely.

What kind of seed do you see the Billikens getting then.

i think the more likely best case scenario is a sweep or our remaining home games (GW, Fordham and St bonnie) and win one of our road games (umass, charlotte, duquesne and st joes) to finish 8-8. i think 8-8 puts us around the 8-9 seed. but it also puts us in line with a second round game with xavier.

a worst case guess scenario is we win 2 more home games and lose all the road games and finish 6-10. that would put us likely in the 10-12 seed range. 12 puts us in line with xavier sooner than the other two finishes.

there is a thread on the a-10 board titled, "if the season ended today"

i think this link will work.

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10...08-version.html

i think the more likely best case scenario is a sweep or our remaining home games (GW, Fordham and St bonnie) and win one of our road games (umass, charlotte, duquesne and st joes) to finish 8-8. i think 8-8 puts us around the 8-9 seed. but it also puts us in line with a second round game with xavier.

a worst case guess scenario is we win 2 more home games and lose all the road games and finish 6-10. that would put us likely in the 10-12 seed range. 12 puts us in line with xavier sooner than the other two finishes.

there is a thread on the a-10 board titled, "if the season ended today"

i think this link will work.

http://www.basketballforum.com/atlantic-10...08-version.html

I think we can beat UMASS and Charlotte on the road. I also think our three home games are very winnable. that would put us at 9-7. I would much rather get up to a 7 seed or drop to the tenth seed then have to play dayton in the first round or xavier in the second rd.

I think we can beat UMASS and Charlotte on the road. I also think our three home games are very winnable. that would put us at 9-7. I would much rather get up to a 7 seed or drop to the tenth seed then have to play dayton in the first round or xavier in the second rd.

actually as even as the conference appears past xavier (i personally think xavier is top 10 caliber talent with a mediocre game coach in miller) winning two on the road to get to 9-7 might actually put us in position to be as high as 5th or 6th and at the liberty of some crazy tie breaker scenario.

10-6 could make a team 3rd imo. if i had to predict, i would only go out on the ledge for xavier. even rhodey and st joes has fairly rigid remaining games. we actually have one of the easier remaining conference schedules imo, but again keep in mind that the conference appears to be so even that is hard to even say.

actually as even as the conference appears past xavier (i personally think xavier is top 10 caliber talent with a mediocre game coach in miller) winning two on the road to get to 9-7 might actually put us in position to be as high as 5th or 6th and at the liberty of some crazy tie breaker scenario.

10-6 could make a team 3rd imo. if i had to predict, i would only go out on the ledge for xavier. even rhodey and st joes has fairly rigid remaining games. we actually have one of the easier remaining conference schedules imo, but again keep in mind that the conference appears to be so even that is hard to even say.

I agree with you 100 % on xavier being the only team that you really know what you'll get get when they step on the court. I think the billikens are starting to play better as these last two games would indicate along with the UMass game. Wednesdays game is very big for this team because with the win your back to .500 and I don't know how many people figured they would get back to .500 after some of these hard to take losses have been. I think sundays hard fought win against a richmond team that has beat some good teams in conference was a step in the right direction and on the road was even better.