View from afar (west)

alameda bob

After semi watching the second half of the Globetrotters dismantling of a decent Michigan State team on TV on Sunday, it looks like my optimism about this year is well founded. A 10 point win over AIA is a great start for the Bills if I may be allowed to strech a comparison to Sunday. Of course one exhibition is hardly much to base any judgement on, but I like it so far. I am curious what the rest of the AIA schedule with games vs. SIU-C, IU and Wake Forest this week before they head west and I can check them out vs. Cal on 10/10 in person. Keep up the good reporting back there guys.

By the way if any of you ever get a chance to hear Jud Heathcote speak he is hilarious. Really he has stand up comic talent. I heard him follow coach Braun, Montgomery, Few of Gonzaga and Roy Williams of KU, all who are good speakers at the Pete Newell Challenge reception last year. But no one could follow Jud, he brought the house down with his jokes when accepting the career achievement award from Coach Newell.

come on. magic looked like he was 300 lbs and my mother could out run him.

as to aia, ryan sears was creighton's point guard on some very good teams. wasnt crispin all big ten and an honorable mention all american. solomon hughes started at cal for at least two years as their center. and while the name donte quinine wasnt one that i remember, he was a very good player. reminded me of kerry kittles. there was a lot of size, and speed. as someone else suggested, i agree that was the best "exhibition" squad the billikens have faced imo as long as i can remember.

Funny, but unkind remarks about a 44 year old HIV+ baller. My point was that not everyone will probably whip AIA by 10. Elon didn't and the UMKC Kangeroos are up tonight, so see what happens there. This sure beats NFL preseason or MLB spring training in my book.