Izik mature beyond his years

jjray

Brad sounds like he needs to have his stomach checked for ulcers: "I'm frustrated. I don't know what to do anymore," Soderberg said. "I don't have any more drills for them, and I don't have any more tape to show them. I don't know where to go exactly. As long as we keep turning it over like this, we can't beat good teams."

Here is Izik's quote after the Memphis game: "We just need to come out and play," forward Izik Ohanon said. "We talk about (turnovers) a lot and I think sometimes too much. When we talk about something more and more and more, I think we create an issue out of that. We can't turn the ball over and win games, but maybe we need to relax more."

Amen to IO's comments...our team MUST excel at all the little things in order to have a chance to beat the best teams in conference. Taking better care of the ball is one of them, shooting FT's, blocking out for rebounds, etc. Let's hope that starting at home this week, they can become more focused. These next 3 games starting with DePaul are crucial.

I'm in Izik's corner on this one. Hopefully we'll see him blossom as a 14-15 point scorer next year when Brad is forced to play him 30 minutes a game. Ironically, Izik only had one turnover yesterday.

I remember a lot of posts in the offseason speculating who would handle the heavy ball pressure we'd see from quicker teams the likes of UAB, Cinic and Memphis. Apparently the answer this season is nobody. Polk and Liddell would definitely help in this area.

>I'm in Izik's corner on this one. Hopefully we'll see him

>blossom as a 14-15 point scorer next year when Brad is

>forced to play him 30 minutes a game. Ironically, Izik only

>had one turnover yesterday.

One thing I do not understand about pulling Ike when we are pressed is that he great at coming back to bail out the guards during the press or trap. I've seen him do it numerous times and at 6'9" he is an easy target for the guards to find when they are under duress. We don't have Marque anymore (so the plan of just tossing the ball to him and clearing out no longer exists). We have to handle pressure the old fashion way--crisply pass your way out. Izik is an asset against the press.