New Gordo Column

SShoe

First SLU was no longer intrested in Moore after landing the higher rated Thompson and Reed. He fails to find out that SLU is back in on Suggs and adds Wisconsin to his list which has not the case from every thing I hear and read. He then leaves Wisconsin out of Brandenburg list, when it is the probable leader. Nice job by the former MU Antler.

Does this guy have any credibility at all? He should at least know the time table on the signings. I think Moore is a good pickup for Mizzou as far as talent and the potential to possibly bring along some of his AAU teammates, but it seemed like Gordo focused on Mizzou while SLU has three verbals from players that are top #50 at their position.

I have been following Mizzou's recruiting the past couple of months (due to the amount of scholarships they have open and since they would seem to be potential competition for a couple of guys) and I believe their fans when they say Reed was likely not a target anymore seeing all of the higher rated kids they are in on, but if I was a Tiger fan I would be very concerned about getting left high and dry. They are in on some impressive and highly rated players, but these kids all have several offers from top programs. One of the studs who they appeared to be a front runner for was the top rated player in Florida, shooting guard Dante Anderson, was killed in a car accident in May. Mizzou is also recruiting and a finalist for his AAU teammate who is a highly rated point guard. It sounded like the making of another Dooling/Gilbert duo. This is a huge recruiting class for Mizzou with all of the seniors they have on their roster.