Good article on Griffey

I mean come on. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that post from V. I couldn't believe it. By the time I got to that post of yours I couldn't take it anymore. It eally had nothing to do with your post, I just had enough of people taking themselves to seriously on here. The crazy thing was not a one of them was Dr. B.

Nate brings a hell of a lot of great info to this board. I don't want Nate going anywhere.

I don't think it was Nate's intention at all, but that thread was starting to remind me of group of guys surrounding the chick that puts out at a freshman mixer in high school.

B-Roy I think you are expecting too much from Nate. Nate has actual connections and talks to the kids and others involved in high school basketball. His info is only as good as what those people are telling him. I appreciate the info Nate gives us and I also appreciate that he is up front about who he is and hasn't been hiding his name or profile on this board. I also think the info from last summer onward was a reflection that Brad and staff wasn't very impressed with the local talent that were seniors. While Nate was still covering the local scene, really only Powell was on the radar, until Mitchell busted out during the high school season.

If Brad and staff were spending more time recruiting out of the local area, which we know they were, I wouldn't expect Nate to know this. There really wasn't much positive going on about local recruiting regarding seniors, because in Brad's eyes there weren't any seniors to be recruited.

Now that Harrelson is asking out of his LOI, it makes me wonder if Brad had gotten him as a Fall recruit if Brad would still be our coach today. I remember during that Fall LOI time, Brad was quoted as saying he had 3-4 offers out there for bigtime kids. He wasn't going to get an LOI or two just to show everyone he had some--I kind of figured Harrlson might have been who he was referring to at the time. I guess we all owe Brad a thank you, because he obviously felt good enough about his long term future at SLU to not sign someone who wouldn't have been a contributor. In other words, if Brad really thought he was on the hot seat in the Fall, our '07 class might have been Eckerle, Harrelson, Mitchell & Relaphorde with Brad still as our coach. Instead Brad was holding out for better players and it probably cost his job.

blue, i would accept that if the editorializing insinuations werent there as well.

all too often it seemed to me that his view was our staff was doing nothing because he didnt see them at the saturday parkway north game (just an example).

we know that wasnt the case. and that is what has really irked me.

too often people wanted to settle. and soderberg said over and over this past year he wanted to sign kids that would make us better. i think he realized that he had a couple of kids on the roster that he shouldnt have taken on as projects and didnt want to make that mistake or take that stretch for lisch and liddell's junior and senior years.

he went after very nice players in the fall and apparently came damn close.

he did the same in the spring and signed three and might have gotten another had he not gotten fired.

and come to think of it blue, you are probably right. had he not taken that stance and only chased pullen, alexander, swaensy, and kelly for his open scholarships (dont forget folks in the fall he didnt have five to offer in novenber) and instead settled for the lesser locals he probably would still be the coach or even worse, majerus or whomever would be here now wouldnt have near the flexibility they do now.