if DB gets a medical redshirt do we have an extra

GOSLU68

do we have an extra scholarship if Danny Brown gets a medical redshirt; with Majerus coming in will he honor all of the scholarships currently with SLU or will he have a brutal talk with some of them about wasting their time sitting on the bench?

our 2 LOI signees are holding all the chips -- they have a signed contract from SLU giving them a scholarship. a new coach cannot force them out. they can leave, with release from SLU, but SLU cannot revoke the contract.

timmerman said in his article this morning that we would have only 3 schollies next year. I believe we have 4 -- if Danny finishes up. I suppose Tom must have meant 3 if Danny red-shirts.

I think that this is good as the new Coach can put his stamp on this team quickly. Here is a projection of the next five years with the assumptions that Majerus stays through the contract and recruits a JUCO here and there and uses all scholarships each year.

2007-2008

Polk Sr.

Brown Sr.

Meyer Sr.

Husak Sr.

Lisch Jr.

Liddell Jr.

JUCO Jr.

JUCO Jr.

Knollemeyer So.

Maguire So.

Mitchell Fr.

Relephorde Fr.

5 Scholarships to give

2008-2009

Lisch Sr.

Liddell SR.

JUCO SR.

JUCO SR.

Knollemeyer JR.

Maguire JR.

JUCO JR.

Mitchell SO.

Relephorde SO.

FROSH

FROSH

FROSH

FORSH

4 Scholarships to give

2009-2010

Knollemeyer SR.

Maguire SR.

JUCO SR.

Mitchell JR.

Relephorde JR.

JUCO JR.

SOPH

SOPH

SOPH

SOPH

FROSH

FROSH

FROSH

3 Scholarships

2010-2011

Mitchell SR.

Relephorde SR.

JUCO SR.

JR

JR

JR

JR

SOPH

SOPH

SOPH

FROSH

FROSH

FROSH

3 scholarships to give

2011-2012

SR

SR

SR

SR

JR

JR

JR

SOPH

SOPH

SOPH

FROSH

FROSH

FROSH

4 scholarships to give

He can put his stamp on this team fairly quickly and would be set up to have quite a few players he recruited as upper classmen in the last two seasons of the contract. I think that bodes well for SLU and building momentumn going into our next coaching change. I am ready for this program to be built into a winner and sustain it. This is like when I was a kid the Braves sucked and then they started winning and didn't stop for a long time. I hope SLU becomes that powerhouse and finally feel it is realistic.

>From my count these are the only scholarship players left

>after the 2007-2008 season ends. SLU has an ##### load of

>scholarships to give out next year. 13-6= 7 scholarships for

>2008.

>

>Maguire,

>Lisch,

>Liddell,

>Knollmeyer,

>Relephorde,

>Mitchell,

I'm willing to bet RM fills all 3 open scholarships in the next week. If he just takes the 3 available guys that Brad was chasing, that does it: Pettigrew, Eberhardt and Mantas Griskenas. Although that would only leaves us 3 for the loaded 08 class, RM has a history of players leaving the program. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone leave next season opening up a 4th scholarship for '08.

You get 13 schollies right? Polk, Brown, Meyer, Husak all gone in 2008. You will still have Lisch, Liddell, Knollmeyer, Maguire, Relphorde, and Mitchell. That's 6 of 13. Even if he uses the 3 remaining schollies for this year, he would still have 4 for 2008. If someone leaves as you are suggesting it would 5 be scholarships. I'd rather him sign 2 more guys for the upcoming season and cash in 2008 on some national and local recruits. Is Majerus familiar with the area at all. I'd still like to get a guy like Femi John or Kenny Harris.