SLU women's soccer recruits

Let me also add that SLU women have done a nice job of building a program from scratch the past 10 years. The talent level has increased steadily and SLU has become an NCAA caliber team. Their next step in development is to be a consistent multiple round winner in the NCAA's. They have a nice strangelhold on the local kids. Only Illinois, and Marquette can claim similar level if not slightly better programs in the Midwest...not counting Notre Dame. Notre Dame handpicks their players Nationally and are one of the handful of top programs nationally. Eventually some of the other Midwest schools will develop stronger programs for womens' soccer...but SLU has been doing well keeping strong players until that happens more often.

I give Woolard a hard time often, but Champion was an outstanding hire. Champion has done an outstanding job. I think he will be able to more than hold his own as other programs start to rise. He really has all the local girls really wanting to come here. A key to the program's continued rise will be how soon they fund all the scholarships they are allowed now.