OFallon makes finals

SLU_Nick

Ofallon dominated stevenson in the semis.

Kenny Leverette had 18 and 6. He played great.

One person who would help us would be 6'8 Brad Copelin. He had 20 and 18. He can jump and knows where to be positioned for every rebound. He can also lead the break very well. So well that you forget he is 6'8. He also stepped out and hit a huge 3 with 3 minutes to go to put Ofallon up 15.

He could put on some weight, but he knows how to play bball now. Anyone else seen this guy play?

Nick

I saw him play earlier this year. The program listed him at 6'7. He's a junior so he bears watching. I wish you would've added it to the thread about Leverette as I've been updating O'Fallon's status in that thread, but no big deal. Its just something I get criticized for, you know starting new threads about something that goes with something else.

V

Copelin is a senior. He sat out last year with a knee injury (ACL?)

He should go the JC route and build himself up. Maybe small to mid D1 later. Who knows? Nice player though.

I will be interested in what happens to Leverette. Good player, who has been hurt because he has had to play under the basket much of his career at OTHS.

Your thoughts?

hard to tell how he could step up to D1 when O Fallon had so much trouble with Chicago Simeon; he was still one of O fallon's better players but Simeon looked like it had at least two D1 players Tim Flowers and Derrick Rose looking full grown with more than 60 points over the last two games for Flowers. The head coach, Robert Smith would be a good assistant candidate-98-11 last three years or something like that with the first back to back Championships in the top division of Illinois highschool basketball

Copelin might top out better than the 6' 7" he's listed at. He's developed well despite missing his JR year with the injury. His FT touch really came around in the last half of this year, and he has developed a decent outside shot. But much needs to be refined and a couple of JUCO years might be beneficial. But I think his best years could still be ahead.

Despite a great year, the final against Simeon was tough for O'Fallon. They have not met a team of that caliber (which could be said of almost any team that played Simeon). The Chicago Tribune on their website have already anointed this Simeon team the best to ever come out of the Chicago Public League. They were the whole package, no doubt.