Saturday's A-10 Games

Who should I be rooting for tomorrow in the A-10.

Xavier will most likely beat LaSalle - and will secure the #1 seed.

I think we want UMass to beat St. Joe's - UMass becomes #2 seed.

GW will probably beat Duquesne - GW #3 seed

Rhody will have its hands full with Richmond who can still get in the A-10 tourney, but if they win they are #4 seed.

With a win Fordam secures the 5 seed, they lose the tie breaks to GW, Rhody and St. Joe's.

If St. Joe's loses and we win - we are the 6 seed by virtue of head to head tiebreak.

St. Joe's would be the 7 seed.

And then there is a mess from 8-11 with Dayton, Charlotte, Duquesne and Temple. If we beat Dayton they are 7-9, Charlotte has Bonaventure and a win would move them to 7-9, GW will probably beat Duquesne, they would be 6-10 and if Fordham beats Temple they are 6-10.

To be honest, I don't want to play Dayton three times in the season. If we win tomorrow, I think it would be very difficult to be a team three times in a year. I would prefer to play Duquesne or Temple.

As A 6 seed we would have first round game, GW, and then UMass.

What are others thoughts?

Sounds good to me....we can beat both UMass and GW. In fact the only team that really has me worried right now is X. That may sound cocky, but there should be no way this team doesn't win it's first round game. We should have got UMass up there and we beat GW in St.Louis. This all assumes we are bringing our A game defense for the tourney. If we don't, we could get bumped in the 1st round. If that happens this board will explode in a sea of anger.

>Rhody will have its hands full with Richmond who can still

>get in the A-10 tourney, but if they win they are #4 seed.

>

Rhode Island can do no worse than 4th. If GW beats Duquesne, URI will be seeded 4th regardless of the outcome of the Rhody game at Richmond. URI owns the tie-breakers over both SJU (won at Philly in only meeting) and Fordham (split the series but URI beat 1st or 2nd place UMass). URI already has therefore already secured a bye. The only unresolved matter is seeding (3rd or 4th) and right now it looks like 4th is most likely.

I would say the only team that really worries me would be Xavier and looking at what we have been able to do against them the past two seasons I guess that is a good thing. I think we can beat any team in conference, it comes down to playing consistent high-level basketball for 4 games. We have yet to see the big three click in consecutive games like that, but it could happen and we could turn this into the special season most had predicted. I am sure nobody in this league would be surprised to see the Billiken's still standing when its all said and done.