SIU Gets Another 3 Star

I have hesitated responding to this thread since I really simply think it needs to die from nonresponse. I have no problem with SIU getting a verbal anytime - good for them. But why is it necessary for SIU to come on our board and tell us that? No wonder some just want to say "who gives a f***". This thread only shows how small SIU is and how inferior they must feel. If you feel good about yourself then you have no need to try to aggravate others. Now hopefully everybody will start a new thread about recruiting so this one can go away as it should since it has nothing to do with SLU BB - we were not recruiting this kid so who cares. By the way, if you think this thread has merit to SLU then why not list every verbal that every school we recruit against - of course that would be silly - just as silly as this thread is.

I was reacting to the fact that an SIU fan was posting about a verbal from a kid that SLU was never mentioned to be involved in. Then after his orginal posting, he decides to take at shot at SLU, so I figured I would try to show that while things are all good at SIU now, that could change in the future.

If you would like though, I could start mentioning on this board verbals or LOIs of kids for other programs I follow so that the Billiken board can "tip our cap" to them also.

Thanks for the response. I hope Lowery sticks around as well. He has done a very good job at keeping the SIU program on track. It will be interesting to see how some of the recruits he has brought in, how they will develop and what role they will have on next year's team. I hope there is money around to keep him in place, as I am also an MVC fan, I hate it when a good coach jumps to a so so BCS school job just because of the money.

Your arena isn't as bad as I made it sound previously and when it is packed, it is a very tough place to play. It needs updating, esp concessions & restrooms for sure though.

sees SLU as a rival, as in a true rivalry. We've always been begging for a real rivalry school....Why not SIU? Oh, I forgot they're ranked #11 in the country...not good enough to be a rival. And before any of my fellow Bills fans tell me to become a Saluki, I won't. I hated them when I was in school and still despise them. However, I'm not blind to what's going on down there compared to what's been happening at SLU.