Recruiting questions for P Diddy or Nate

AJ

Or for that matter, OJ, Vtime or anyone else who has seen these players play. Are we recruiting Richard Rose of Troy ? I have only seen him play once but he looks like a Luke Meyer/Chris Sloan type player. Can stroke the 3 but also go strong to the hoop and dunk. Lists at 6'3"/185 but looks and plays bigger.

Also give me your thoughts on some other underclassmen that haven't gotten much notice so far:

Richard Anderson/Beaumont/Soph - The strongest pure inside player I have seen this year. Much improved over last year.

Sean Duff/Westminister/Soph - Nice looking pt. guard who can stroke the 3. A 2 year starter on an outstanding WCA team.

Larry Patterson/Principia/Frosh - I have only seen him play once but he is the best looking area frosh I've seen. Plays PG for a team that is struggling; excellent ball handling/passing skills and can shoot the 3.

I don't necessarily think Duff or Patterson are SLU recruiting potential yet, but Rose and Anderson sure are.

I'm not really impressed by Richard Rose. He's a decent player, but it just seems like he could do more.

Richard Anderson is a physically imposing player who already has a college body and is a legit 6'7. He is much improved. His biggest weakness is his attitude. He plays with passion and intensity, but lets it get the best of him sometimes. He actually does look for the contact inside and dunks anything open, so I think he is a mid to high major prospect depending on who he plays his summer ball with and what tourneys they go to. 2nd best prospect in class of 2009. His assistant coach Bryan Turner played at SIU, lets hope he doesnt steer him that way.

Duff is an underachiever to me. He should be the leading scorer on that team. He was tied for second at only 12ppg last time I checked. He needs to add more to his game. If he grows, he could be an intriguing prospect. Havent seen Patters. There are better freshman than him though, like Nathan Scheer of Borgia, Julian Johnson of Whitfield, and Mcpherson Moore of MICDS. Jarion Norris at Cahokia is pretty good too. Ryan Pierson already 6'8 probably has the most potential out of all of the freshman so far. Gerald Jones Jr, is stuck behind a lot of guys, but he will show his true skills next year.

Vtime:

Thanks for your thoughts. Of the freshman you've mentioned I have only seen Moore from MICDS play but I think Patterson is better; you ought to check him out.

Sean Duff: I think you are being a little hard on him. Being the 2nd bst scorer on a team that is ranked 10th in the state is no disgrace. I agree he needs to develop in several areas but I still see him as a potential D1 recruit if he grows a little and continues to develop his game. WCA is a team to watch in the future; they have a loaded freshman class that includes the Alexander twins, who are both 6'4" and can play, as well Frank Cusumano's son, who is a shooting guard.

Bryant Allen, Doug Wallace, Lonnie Boga, are all better sophomore guards than Duff. I'm not sure he's a top 10 sophomore in the area right now. Other sophomores that come to mind are Jerome Jones, Richard Anderson, Gavin Wiss, Griffey. He's not better than any of those 8 except maybe Wiss, and while he may be a better player than Wiss now, Wiss is the bigger prospect because he is a 6'9 big man showing rapid improvement.

Also, I dont know why you think Westminster is so good, they really haven't played anybody, and the credible teams they played Haz Central, Career Academy, Lafayette, 0-3.

>Are we recruiting Richard Rose of Troy ? I have only seen him play once but he looks like

>a Luke Meyer/Chris Sloan type player. Can stroke the 3 but also go

>strong to the hoop and dunk. Lists at 6'3"/185 but looks and plays bigger.

I was just talking to someone about Richard Rose the other day and the thinking from this guy was that Rose is probably a Division 2 player somewhere. Rose is a good high school player, but he doesn't seem to stand out in any one particular area (shooting, passing, athleticism, defense, etc).

If Rose were 6-foot-5 or 6-6, closer in physical stature to Meyer and Sloan, he'd be a much better prospect. But as a 6-3/6-3 shooting guard his prospects are limited to lower level Division I and Division 2 schools.

Richard Anderson is a Division I prospect. I've said on here before he'd be a good fit for the Missouri Valley Conference if he stays at his current size, but could go high-major if he grows (and gets his attitude in order).

I've heard really good things about Sean Duff. If he continues to get bigger and stronger and better, he could be a D-1 guy somewhere. There are some good sophs around the area, starting with Tyler Griffey and Anderson and Gavin Wiss.

I haven't seen Patterson play. I'll try to check him out this summer.

- Nate

Nate:

Thanks for your thoughts. I have not seen Wiss play yet nor have I seen Allen from Maplewood but have heard good reports about both. As the summer approachs maybe you or someone on the board can give us a report on what teams some of these guys are playing on, schedules, etc.

I dont know if you were talking to me, but I'll try and do that. Allen is a beast and he grew three inches over the summer so he could be a high major prospect if he hits another spurt, maybe even if he doesnt. Another good freshman is Allen's teammate Bryton Hobbs.