In the for what it is worth catagory

Kahok

im glad to see that your an nba scout now. so who else is going to the nba b roy. was he not the a 10 freshman of the year, a freshman all american, and frontrunner for the a 10 player of the year. i can understand that you dont want him to go to the nba for selfish reasons but to say he doesnt have a chance is just being arrogant. the kid has a shot to play in the NBA after this season and thats the truth.

I disagree that we should not be assessing and critiqing Tommie's skill set, and noting where he needs substantial improvement(s.) As Jale noted, there are some level heads in the family. When the time comes to make a decision, the best scenario for finances, draft slot, development, and need should gel.

Gardner is a good example where needs and desire overwhelmed the other legsof the decision process. There are a number of NBA talents now earning a check in the NBDL or the most recent version of the CBA. Frank Williams of Illinois is a good example of NBA talent and a $40,000 contract(ouch!)

Tommie is not going to be wealthy in his first contract. It boils down to whether the extra one (or two) years in the NBA will get his development accelerated to a contract beyond the money lost if he waited to come in as a first round draftee.

There are many cases of teams overreaching for talent that doesn't develop, and far fewer cases of players blowing up talent-wise in the NBA. Tommie seems to be a rare exception where the talent will mature as he gains physical strength. He is finally getting the killer instinct late in games. It won't be much longer before he starts showing that level for the entire game.

what great fun we are going to have watching him and KL play together for another year or two; I think he can be better than Larry Hughes if

he stays a while longer and LH was lucky he did not get hurt in college or the NBA and his skills the first two years out it looked like he was on the edge. I hope TL can be better. I was an Esider and we have seen lots of guys go early with no or lttle college and they crash and burn. TL can be a role model for doing it the right way, the team way and he can teach kids stay and learn; stay and develop into complete ball players and be men when you get your chance; someone else noted above the NBA likes him because he is unselfish-can you imagine and unselfish NBA? NO. I can't get there even on this thread