Thoughts

It is time for us to clean house within the program. After this season is time for Soderberg to be shown the door and the assistants can begin looking for jobs elsewhere. I don't see any of them being a hot commodity. Aren't assistants judged in large part on the recruits they bring in, well we currently cannot fill a roster.

It is important we get these guys out before it gets any worse. We need to bring a coach in who can generate some excitement and who will work his tail off from day one to turn this program around. We are really hurting our chances of landing the area stars with the crap we are putting on the court at this point. We need a change and if we do it after the season we still may have a shot with the area kids. They won't choose SLU based on what they are seeing now and Coach Soderberg. We need someone to bring some excitement and who will get to these kids from day one and tell them his plans for the program and the part that they play in turning this ship around.

Looking at the team, you gotta think we would be alright in year one of the new coach. Meyer, Polk, Brown, and Husak are all going to be seniors and likely going nowhere and you gotta think Liddell has NBA aspirations and would not want to sit out a year. Lisch is an area kid who has a sister on the women's team so you figure he stays put. I don't think it matters beyond that. That is where the new coach would need to come in and clean house in the area. He needs to get those kids to band together and say lets make SLU relevant. I think now is the time the change has to be made or it may be too late.

Cagin, do you think "we" should encourage Tommie to transfer to Mizzou first?

Just when I think things are bad here, I look down I-70 to that cesspool in Columbia. A big BCS school, with a lot of $$ and laxed academic standards (Where have you gone Ricky Clemons). They have all those resources and administrative support, yet their results are no better than ours. How embarrassing.

ace, let's not forget a few weeks ago ragin mizzou cajin was telling us why stephan hannah was better than lisch and liddell as well. he has apparently spilled his real fanheart home today.