The Answer to what has changed

SLU_Nick

I am surprised that no one has come to the realization of what really went wrong the past two games.

Brad says he has lost his players. Do we really know why Horace decided to leave the team for good? Could it really have been all grades? Horace was one of the most well liked Billikens on the team this year. Brad and him had some kind of a falling out and if there was a tiff with Horace and Brad who do you think that the players' sided with.

You guys don't think things like...

"I can't believe coach hasn't played Horace all season"

"Horace is our best athlete, why doesnt coach put him in to run with us" and

"It is messed up that Brad told Horace that he wasnt good enough"

was talked about when the team is hanging out in Justin Johnson's Grand Forest apartment over winter break. So they are a little mad about that, then here comes Brad screaming at them, that they are not hustling. There is a thin line between motivating and alienating. Brad is now alienating the team, and it has showed with the uninspiring play.

Brad has even said "I don't know what to do". Well Brad, you already did it and did not think of the consequences.

Team chemistry is gigantic in the game of basketball, and Brad has looked past it. As of now, the season is lost.

Nick

Seems like some conjecture on your part here and I don't know if I could buy that reasoning. Also there are still 15 games left so even though I am a very concerned fan now, I still have to see how it all plays out on the basketball floor.

Schasz,

Think about it, these guys arent digital players from NBA Live where you can just mix and match players and they will always have the same attributes. There is chemistry between them, on and off the court.

Obi and Horace were part of this team, and friends of players on the team. You cannot effectively cut them, and expect everyone not the think about it and have the maturity to say, "Brad knows best, and he effectively cut one of my best friends from the team"

It doesnt work like that. I am not saying I have proof of anything. I am looking at what has changed.

And I am not buying the reasons in the "Game summary/thoughts" post. I think the overwhelming reason, was luck. Luck does not let the Dukes beat you by 10 AT HOME!!

Brad has to figure out how to relight the fire, if it's not too late

Nick

If these players are not playing because they have their panties in a bunch over something Brad said then they really are idiots. They get ONE chance to play college bball. One chance. Once they finish school, there are no do overs, no second chances, and for all of these guys, probably no more basketball after college other Europe for a few of them.

For Brad, the game goes on. He will leave SLU and keep coaching, making a very nice living from what he does.

For SLU, 20 years from now, there will still be a basketball team and, just like the previous nearly 200 years, there will be classes and tests and homecoming and on and on.

For the fans, most of us will be back next year. In two years we will be cheering in the new arena and many of us will someday be taking our grandkids to games.

The players have the most to lose, AS PLAYERS, by being petty or immature about the situation. They control their destiny right now more than anyone else. If they want to cut off their nose just to spite Brad, well, that is monumentally short-sighted, stupid and childish.

"A strong man stands up for himself; a stronger man stands up for others." - Ben