Has SLU priced away some fans?

I think that the price of the tickets goes hand in hand with the uneven play in terms of lower attendance over the past few years. SLU seems to raise prices each season regardless of how well the tema has played. I don't think it's fair to do a comparison to other schools in the region or conference because SLU is really the only game in town.

If the Bills look like a tourney team, fans show up. If they're down, I think people get tired of paying the money, club dues, etc.

I think the Blues are a good comparison right now.

What does everyone think?

>I think that the price of the tickets goes hand in hand with

>the uneven play in terms of lower attendance over the past

>few years. SLU seems to raise prices each season regardless

>of how well the tema has played. I don't think it's fair to

>do a comparison to other schools in the region or conference

>because SLU is really the only game in town.

>

>If the Bills look like a tourney team, fans show up. If

>they're down, I think people get tired of paying the money,

>club dues, etc.

>

>I think the Blues are a good comparison right now.

>

>What does everyone think?

True dat.

Before this season started SLU had a special sale on season tickets for $150 or something like that. Less than $10 a game. Seems like a fair price to me.

What club dues does a season ticket holder have to pay as of right now? In the new arena, if one wants to be first in line then yes they will need to buy a $125 BC membership but otherwise they don't have to pay anything. SLU tickets are far and awy the cheapest option of the Cards, Blues and Rams.

I think it is $9 $12 $15 $25...I need the complete numbers.

People will come if SLU wins or plays a superstar opponent. The idea or goal is to get them to come all the time.

Other factors to consider: I am probably alone in this, but other factors help. Put on the objectivity cap here...SLU home games are dull and boring, even the close ones. Sure, people get excited and enjoy close thrillers with Ole Miss, MSU, etc...late in the game. But the loudest cheers were for free t-shirts. So what is my point? The short or long term goal, etc...needs to be to make SLU home games a not to be missed event...key word being event. It is entertaining all the way around...everything is professional done, no stone unturned from start to finish. This requires stronger marketing to draw in fans, to appeal to a younger demographic...as in 20,30 something alums and students. I hope in the new building student attendance increases big time, and others get left out and have to *****. Sure older people pay the bucks to support the school, but really it is highly wealthy boosters...and would like to see the game itself catered more to the students. Not to blue hairs and little kids.

This isn't going to happen overnight...and at many other schools the coach has a lot of input and say...BS doesn't involve himself with that which is not my preference, but fine. That means a professional event marketing staff needs to be consulted, other schools need to be consulted.

As for tix cost...well...parking is cheap at or near the Arena, tix...? Tough to sell $25 tix, family of four, or to young adults...family of four will discuss costs, and young adults will say game atmosphere is boring.

The STL Rams have terrible marketing and terrible game day event presentation. It matters. If it were a great event, it would create more buzz.

Winning cures a lot...but getting people to those random games...gotta make much more of an effort. It all starts with deals...and progresses with winning a lot, so the ticket is more of a hot commodity.

A fundamental effort has to be made to change the demographic of fans. Balance. I will be old some day and I understand respecting blue hairs....but that can be balanced with many more students, and many more young alum fans.

People say, why don't more students go? What else are they doing ...etc...? Well...they have spoken...they have decided whatever else, anything else is more interesting or fun.

Logistics? The shuttle system to games from what I have heard is embarrassing and worse than high school.

Everything all around reeks of mom and pop operation. of cutting corners.

It takes die hards to cough up $25 bucks a night for every game...and perhaps a more sane non-board memeber would be shaling their head.

There needs to be more entertainment value on and off the floor. Winning and first rate event....SLU has had neither.

Everything starts with students. That is where they need to go first.

Just wait til SLU wins a couple of years and parking shoots up $10....I couldn't imagine...lol.