Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

Billikan

Best wishes to all for a very happy, healthy, safe and prosperous new year!

How about the following wishes for the new year of Billiken basketball--

1. May our Billikens play like they did in the first 15 minutes against NC, the second half against Pacific and the second half against Ole Miss for 35 minutes at least in each conference game (We cannot expect to be perfect!)!!

2. May our bench play smart and well enough to have at least 3 guys play 7-8 minutes per game without any letdown on either end!

3. May our potential recruits see that we have something good happening at SLU with sophomores as stars and yet there will be plenty of playing time available next year and beyond for players who can shoot, rebound and defend!! (And may we suit up several nice additions next fall and then following year when we open the new building!)

4. May we come in the top 2 or 3 in our conference and get to at least the finals of the conference tournament--we might be on the bubble but if we win 24 or 25 games and have a good RPI then we should make the big dance!

5. Of course, the best wish of all would be to avoid having to hold our breath for a bid on selection Sunday by winning the conference tournament--a real possiblity at a neutral site!

6. May all of our Billiken fans be positive and optimistic and supportive of the team and the coaches (I know this one is contraversial)-- so we can truly enjoy this nice team that has guts and toughness and an ability to come back in games that is almost seen in Billiken teams over the past 10 years!

Go Bills!

I know it might be a stretch a bit this early, but I hope we not only make it to the NCAA tourney, but win at least one game. I don't think its out of the question if we are seeded 12 or better that we can win a game. in fact I hope we sneak in with a 12 seed and knock off the 5 in the first round and then take down the 4 in the next round. How awesome would it be to make it to the Sweet Sixteen. OK OK I'm wayyyy ahead of myself. I do think our best shot at the sweet sixteen would be as a 12 seed though.