Arena Update , E-Mail Question, and P-D Coverage

big al

Has anyone heard the status regarding the city school district sale of property to SLU...Do we need to be concerned about this Bill Haas situation?...Also where can E-Mail addresses for SLU staff etc. be found, if at all?...Also, how can the P-D print a front page article on the Missouri/S.U. game that started at 8:00 P.M. and not do the same for the Bills/M.U. game that started the same hour Sat?...I get the Wentzville Mo edition of the P-D.

It is my understanding that the sale of the school has been completed. Unless Haas can prove that the sale was done in a manner that harmed the city school system such as it sold for much less than it is worth or the closed bidding process was breached, nothing can reverse it. If I was SLU, I would probably have the building torn down asap so once you start work it will make it harder to keep the nonsense going. Haas is an idiot and he has not produced any proof of wrong doing other than Schoemel's connection to the Grand TIF and Biondi being on the board. The bid process was closed so unless you prove that SLU had prior knowledge of the other bids and used that knowledge to their advantage all it is noise - nothing else.a By the way, SLU paid $250,000 more for it then the city school system asking bid and none of the other bids were above the asking bid so how can Haas say it was a sweetheart deal - obviously, if the school was worth more others would have bid over it. The only other issue Haas can raise is that SLU got the school system to declare this specific school as excess for them but the truth of the matter is that the system was going to sell a certain number of schools and which ones they select is up to them regardless.

Kind of my accident, I learned last night that the Waring school was also on a list of schools to be closed that Hammond had put together even before the new administrators and board memembers came on the scene. This piece of information clearly shows that Haas is just a knucklehead.