Salukis Just Better

Agreed. Sat with the Blue Crew today who criticized the referee job an awful lot. I'm not saying I thought every call was good, but there were as many times I thought SIU got jobbed as I did SLU. The loss comes down to the fact that although our guards can play with their guards, our bigs are nowhere near theirs. Falker and Shaw made Ian look like he was standing still and had JJ out of the game with about as many fouls as he had minutes played. They are light years more athletic and if Ian is bound for the NBA, he'd better find a really good trainer very soon. Outside of that, making our FTs would have made a gigantic difference in the game as well.

As a corollary, this game illustrated our need for a power forward more than any one to date. I player like Falker, who is not a superstar but simply a steady, energetic, athletic big man, inserted into a lineup with Ian as a five (where his slow-footedness would be more acceptable with a capable 4 alongside) and TL, KL, and LM as the other three is really good. Even Shaw inserted with the other four of our lineup is much better. If we had a player of that caliber in our 4 spot today, we win this going away. Assuming he could hit FTs as well of course....

yesterday they were better than us. We play them at home I think we win. Something is wrong with Lisch, he is 2-11 from three pt range and he missed at least 3 foul shots yesterday, and the one week.

Overall going into TAMU, HOUSTON, Loyola, and SIUC we are 2-2. Still have a reasonable chance to enter regular season with anywhere from 2-4 losses. Still room for improvement, but we need to see AK, HD and DM start to see some minutes against western Illinois and Tenn-Martin.

I was only able to listen to part of the game, but didn't Kevin get hurt in the first half, but remained in the game? And didn't I hear Rammer saying that he put that elbow brace back on? Knowing how tough he is, isn't it likely that he played much of the game with an injured shooting arm?

Kevin was really banged up in the game. 3 really hard falls. He landed funny on his left arm in the first half. Was on the sideline with the trainer for a few minutes, and from what i could see, was trying to get feeling back into it. (flexing the hand, working the wrist back and forth.) He did have a brace of some kind on the elbow area in the 2nd half. He also took another tumble in the second half and landed on the right arm. The fact that he was in the game at all after how hard he was fouled all day was amazing.

No, they are not better than us, but they do have athletes. Guys who can't read, yet play intercollegiate athletics. Guys with criminal records, yet slide through the "admissions process" at Southern. It's a shame we can't get players who are like that -- who have no respect for authority, yet average a double-double a game. We need some kids from Compton or South Bronx to play for us.

>No, they are not better than us, but they do have athletes.

>Guys who can't read, yet play intercollegiate athletics.

>Guys with criminal records, yet slide through the

>"admissions process" at Southern. It's a shame we can't get

>players who are like that -- who have no respect for

>authority, yet average a double-double a game. We need some

>kids from Compton or South Bronx to play for us.

And exactly who might those players be? You might want to check on the academic status of the SIU team before you make a total ass of yourself.

Good luck wallowing in the obscurity of the A10, Mo. State is going to kick your a$$ too. But take heart, the A10 is a (albeit one bid) "high-major" conference. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.