3 starters

p diddy

Just to clarify one thing about houston missing three starters for saturday's game.

Starter #1. one starter is lanny smith, who hasn't played in a single game yet this year and is considering taking a redshirt year.

Starter #2: Dion Dowell. He is transfer from Texas who will not be eligible to play until second semester. I'm sure we'll see him in january.

Starter #3: Malone, he's their top frontcourt player who stayed behind in houston due to illness.

But smith and dowell haven't been with the team at all, but they were still averaging about 95 points a game without those two. Malone was the only starter missing in this game.

Let's not start acting like we beat up a depleated houston team full of walk-ons and managers.

even on this board, we have some people on this board who have a habit of downgrading billiken victories and making excuses for the other team.

the excuses that billiken board posters made for southern illinois losing at slu last year are still legendary.

if we lose one of our big three major players and lose a game, our guys won't get the benefit of the doubt. instead, people will get drunk off of all the hateraid that would be swallowed.

bad boyz for life

P Diddy, there are a fair number of posters who have never played/coached organized ball at any level, and are plain ignorant on some of the hows and whys. It still doesn't stop them from proclaiming every wrong, without anything constructive.

It seems that any time we win, it's actually just an accident. I love it when someone pissing all over everything is written off as excess passion for the program. Nope, it is pissing all over everything, when it should be saved for hitting the pot.

> Just to clarify one thing about houston missing three

>starters for saturday's game.

>

>Starter #1. one starter is lanny smith, who hasn't played in

>a single game yet this year and is considering taking a

>redshirt year.

>

>Starter #2: Dion Dowell. He is transfer from Texas who will

>not be eligible to play until second semester. I'm sure

>we'll see him in january.

>

>Starter #3: Malone, he's their top frontcourt player who

>stayed behind in houston due to illness.

>

>But smith and dowell haven't been with the team at all, but

>they were still averaging about 95 points a game without

>those two. Malone was the only starter missing in this game.

If you are talking about the Houston team in the first 6 games of the year, the one that squeaked past URI on the road, yes - we are missing only 1 starter. Malone is a guard by the way.

If you are talking about the Houston team that will suit out for the final 25+ games of the year, including the rematch, we were missing 2-3 of our top 5-6 players, depending on whether all-conference PG Lanny Smith redshirts or plays.

I understand that fully, CougarRed and I look forward to seeing the Cougars as a full unit. If they are hole, they could challenge memphis for the C-USA title. I really mean that.

my point was that the missing players weren't a factor when the cougs were 3-0 and putting up about 95 points a game. it only matter after they lost. From what I saw, I still saw some good players. That anderson guy who came off the bench. Hell, he could start for slu if he shot the ball like I saw today. I wish we had a forward who could shoot like that.

My post wasn't meant for you as much as it was meant for some of our own fans on this board that seem to think whenever SLU has a big win, it must have been something wrong with the other team, or if a prime-player happens to come to slu, it just occured by happenstance.

we were 9-21 two years ago and nobody took into account that we had an all-conference guard from the year before who was injured the entire season and played about 50 percent and a starting center who was the team's rebounding leader and c-usa field goal percentage champion who missed virtually all of the season with concussions. many of our own fans didn't seem to care that we lost so much, but we rlove to roll out the red carpet and give any team the bills beat a built-in excuse as to why they lost to the billikens.

We seem to be slow to give our own team credit. we have a local columnist in town that rips much of our fan base because we seem to have lower expectations and are happy with mediocrity. the fans complain and complain, but they prove bernie right when they apoligize for billiken victories and start currying favor with the opposition.

I don't think the cardinal baseball fans gave a damn that the new yok mets were missing two of their top starting pitchers (including their No. 1 starter in Pedro) and that their starting left fielder got hurt in the first game. I don't think cardinal nation was apoligizing for winning the pennant against a team that was missing so much.

bad boyz for life