lucky recruiting

Read the post. I said:

luck is just modern shorthand for: I cannot explain these events, so it must be some magical force called luck.

Basically, luck is a meaningless, or empty, word. If you think about it, you will probably end up agreeing.

Wow ... this is just to deep. I'm sure everyone understands that you control alot of your own "luck" by working hard and placing yourself in a proper position to succeed.

But some things are absolutely random. You go buy a lattery ticket just a millions of other people did, the computer picked your numbers and you won ... luck. You're walking along and find a $20. bill ... luck.

So to call those things luck ... is having a weak mind? Hell, I'm just a used car salesman, so obviously I have a weak mind. So I'll just continue to call it luck.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

>luck is just modern shorthand for: I cannot explain these

>events, so it must be some magical force called luck.

Luck, as it pertains to Billiken basketball, is an occurrence that favors the team outside of its control. This does not indicate that there is not an explainable reason behind the event, it simply illustrates the fact that an event helped spur the Billikens to success outside of the events under their control. Luck is no more meaningless than any other word.