anybody hear mike slive on kfns?

billiken_roy

frank had mike slive on this morning to ask his angle on ncaa investigations etc. the guy was a total jerk. very uncommital on his answers and almost patronizing imo. after trying to get him to be a little more open, frank finally gave up. no wonder c-usa is the frickin mess it is if that clown was one of the builders.

i wish frank would have finished the interview by putting him on the spot about adding all the worthless nascar teams to c-usa. a "what were you thinking?" would have been just great.

(sorry for the delayed response / computer has been ill)

broy, I caught the Mike Slive interview with Frank C on KFNS.

imho, Frank C. is a fool if he thought Mike Slive, the current SEC Commissioner, was going to comment about Missouri (Big 12 conference)and their in-house investigation and how that may impact what the NCAA would do to Missouri. That would have been inappropriate and unprofessional.

Mike Slive has one of the top three jobs in NCAA D-1 college administration. Only the commissioners of the PAC12 and Big10 have comparable positions. Slive was hired by the highly successful SEC because he is intelligent, experienced, and highly regarded.

Since I am not a college football fan, I don't get excited about C-USA football, but I'm sure the fans of the football schools have a better appreciation of C-USA football. I find the other C-USA sports very competitive on a national scale. I never had the opportunity to personally speak with Mike Slive about his vision for the C-USA.

Frank C. is having a difficult time with Coach Quin's problems and is trying hard (imho) to show that everyone is in the same boat!

tseugnekillib, do you think that slive had to be as much of a jerk as he was on the show that day? i see nothing unprofessional about him giving a view about what a typical program investigation entails. besides, i find it hard to believe that he wasnt told ahead of time the subject matter of the interview. if he didnt want to comment, he should have declined the interview imo.

i do agree with you on frank's attempts of trying to be overly fair to the tiger program. i love frank's show. in fact it is the only sports call in show i listen to unless there is breaking sports news going on. but i cringe when i hear him buddy up to tiger tim on that stuff. he needs to just tell tiger tim, "hey your program is as dirty as it gets in all the land". and then just gloat a little. :-)

broy.....I'm not convinced that Mike Slive was given a list of questions/subjects prior to his interview with Frank C. KFNS is not that professional of an operation. In fact, I'm fairly confident that Slive would have passed on the interview if he knew the questions were going to be related to Missouri and their pending investigations.

If Frank C. would have addressed issues regarding SEC teams, whether NCAA related or expansion related, I believe Slive would have answered differently. Again, the highest ranking official from the SEC is not going to comment on a Big12 problem university, as it would be unprofessional to do so.

A agreed with you that Frank C. normally has an interesting radio program, particularly when it comes to high school or college basketball. Frank is a hardworking guy.

However, typical of Frankie C's strong pro-Coach Quin position/denial mentality was illustrated last week in a show that included Ann Carroll of Fox Net tv (I believe that was her named). Frankie C. asked young Ms. Carroll....who do you find more attractive, Gary Pinkel or Quin Synder? When Ms. Carroll quickly answered Gary Pinkel, Frankie C. sounded stunned and disheartened. I thought it was funny radio minute!