Okay, say the 4 leave

BLIKNS

Marquette,Louisville,Cincy,and DePaul. C-USA would be SLU,Charlotte,Memphis,Southern Miss,UAB,TCU,Houston,South Florida,Tulane,and East Carloina.Would this league try to add 2 more for football?Right there you would still have markets in St.Louis,Charlotte,Tampa,Birmingham,Houston,Dallas-FW,New Orleans,and Memphis.That`s alot of households.Maybe the league tries to expand and add 2 more football schools,my choice to top the wish list,Marshall,Central Florida,SMU,and Tulsa(more bball than football)Could we still be wanted here,along with Charlotte?

Only ties with Charlotte (weak ones at best) and distant links to Memphis and Tulane (old Metro days not forgotten) appeal to me here and that's stretching it for Tulane.

Calipari won't stand for this ..... he b*tched and moaned because he didn't get to play the tougher American division folks in the bifurcated CUSA .. what do you think he'll do now .... now that his RPI tanks even greater if BE committments take those four completely out of the equation?

Of course, he could opt in believing that no one left in this conference would ever challenge Memphis superiority and take for granted a trip to March Money Madness nine years out of every ten (maybe ten out of ten if he's arrogant enough).

If the four leave, C-USA is incredibly ugly, IMO. We'd have many more natural rivalries in the MoValley. And you could probably make a case that the two conferences would be at parity at that point. I can barely stand having to play South Florida and East Carolina as it is. Without L'ville, Cincy, Marquette and DePaul in the mix, I see absolutely no reason to stick with C-USA, unless we simply have no other options.