Big East....A10....CUSA...questions....

SLUNATE

Next question:

what happens if they DON'T invite DePaul and Marquette? What if they need to make a play for a football school, and grab at Memphis?

I'm just trying to figure out what the big picture is.....

Would the A-10 offer Marq. and DP an invite, and not us?

Would Marq. DP, SLU and Char. seek to stay in a smaller CUSA?

Would the A-10 ask us AND DP and Marq?

Just wondering...

>Next question:

>what happens if they DON'T invite DePaul and Marquette?

>What if they need to make a play for a football school, and

>grab at Memphis?

>

>I'm just trying to figure out what the big picture is.....

>

>Would the A-10 offer Marq. and DP an invite, and not us?

>

>Would Marq. DP, SLU and Char. seek to stay in a smaller

>CUSA?

>

>Would the A-10 ask us AND DP and Marq?

>

>Just wondering...

The BE has repeatedly said Memphis has no chance. Haz East could beat their football team. They have nothing to offer on that end.

I think if Marq and DePaul did not get invited to the BE, all 4 CUSA teams would get an invite to the A-10. The A-10 would then drop two teams.

No CUSA is done for as regards to non-football schools.

I don't think the A-10 would leave out Charlotte.

Torch,

I'm also not much of a fan of either Cincy's or Louisville's football programs and don't believe that they add much to the Big Least. The folks down here in Tampa will get a look at Louisville's powerhouse team Saturday as they play USF.

Cincy and L'Ville have been two of the top temas year in year out in CUSA football, but going to a tougher conference those two schools will have to upgrade their personnel by alot.

Cincy just has a solid program, when the conference is down i.e. no top 25 teams, Cincy will win it. In the Big East though they are a lower rung team.

L'Ville plays a spread offense and has produced a few good QBs with their big time passing attack. They never play defense though and their offensive prowess will be negated against top competition in the Big East.

Both of those programs look like Miami compared to Memphis. They stink.

I also am not too impressed with talk of CF, SF and ECU. The two florida schools will never compete for top florida recruits against Miami, FSU and Florida. They are overrated and overhyped. ECU has a big fanbase but their football program has been in the dumps for the past couple seasons.

The Atlantic 10 will invite all four teams if need be. We would be stuck with 16 teams for a short while.

The A-10 has just recently instituted athletic standards to the conference. This was mainly done to be able to kick out the "bottom feeders". It will be two to three years before there is any good reason to kick them out.

xu95