Scott Suggs - Rivals.com story

Rivals.com now has a story on Washington sophomore guard Scott Suggs.

http://mosports.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=540103

Among the highlights:

"Washington and St. Louis have offered and have been in my school," Suggs said. "Illinois, Missouri, Kansas and Southern Illinois have also been to my school. Iowa is also showing me some interest.

"I'd like to play in an up and down system. How well I get along with the players and coaches will mean a lot."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Because of this story, Rivals reports Suggs as just having the two offers from Washington and St. Louis. But I've been told he has seven offers — including from Mizzou, Illinois, Southern Illinois and possibly Arizona.

I know he and his family have talked to Arizona. Suggs was supposed to make unofficial visits to Washington and Arizona near the end of this past college basketball season.

- Nate

Thanks for the report Nate. I am glad we offered early. I think that is key. Unfortunately, the quote "I'd like to play in an up and down system" does not bode well for us. He may be the first of many we lose to Anderson at Mizzou.

I've said this before, but it's been a while so I'll repeat it.

One thing SLU definitely has going for it is that both of Suggs' parents work in the city and he's got a couple younger brothers. The family is pretty close, so that definitely works in SLU's favor.

Of course, it probably doesn't take much longer to drive from Augusta to Columbia than it does from Augusta to the SLU campus.

- Nate