SLU v. Creighton Spring Match

SLU will be hosting Creighton this coming Saturday night, April 29th, at 7:10pm at Hermann Stadium. These two teams have a great little rivalry, and it is sure to be a good night to watch some football.

Many of my fellow Legion 1818 founders, including myself, will be at Vito's starting at around 6pm for some pre-match brews and food. If you'd like to be a part of the fun for the night, please come out and join us.

...sigh...

Yes, we need to find some outside income/sponsorship. No, we don't know who or what will give. Maybe we'll talk to Vito's, or maybe we'll ask The Best Steak House to give Legion 1818 members free steak dinners before every game... who knows.

There's a lot that still has to be worked out.

Yeah, but be the aggressor...they won't come to you, but have a plan where both sides benefit from a marketing standpoint. Come to them saying that for every home game, there's going to be 200 plus students wearing t-shirts with your logo/slogan, etc on it. Obviously tell them that SLU's soccer attendance has been #1 in the country forever and that it's pretty much free advertising!

Didn't know that, but that's great to know.

I agree that we have to be the agressor. We've discussed this numerous times among ourselves, but we want to go one sponsor at a time, and since we're doing that now, I don't want to get into a conflict of interest, or jeopardize the group between two sponsors.

And yes, we know we have had the nation's best attendance 3 out of the past 6 years. We also have the most storied program in all of collegiate soccer, and we play in our very own soccer specific stadium (not a park with bleachers). And considering we are hosting the College Cup in December, we have a lot of ways to "sell" our group and SLU soccer to the community at large.

The game time for this match has been pushed back ONE HOUR to accomodate Creighton. This means two things:

1) Game time is now set at 8pm, still at Hermann Stadium on the campus of Saint Louis University.

2) Legion 1818 and SLU soccer fans will congregate at Vito's between 6:30 and 7pm, so as to get everyone's full fix of beer and food.

Hope to see you all there!