Stemler update

i'm the one infactuated when THEY (and you now makes four) are here (not on a marquette board, which i am not on) to remind us how marquette is an elite program? ok. that makes a lot of sense.

Actually I don't make four. But the guy comes here and posts a pay subscription article for free about a recruit SLU is trying to get....perhaps...thanks would have been a more appropriate respeonse?

I merely posted to illustrate that under zero circumstances you can handle any objectivity regarding some teams....and I in particular chose this one from one of our previous discussion to further illustrate that point.

We'll just agree to disagree. I don't like the childish, boorish, acros the board juvenile hall comments as opposed to individual base objectivity on pretty much anything. Or writing Missouri with dollar signs or when people spell it misery....stuff like that regardless of school is something I expect from the teeneagers. I think it lacks maturity and education. just my opinion.

....nothing wrong with being funny and joking around....all for it...but too many angry, across the board flamers out there for no reason to encourage them.

You are entitled to your off base comments and opinions. Bbut think about it....somebody comes to this board and posts a subscription recruiting article as a head's up to SLU fans about a possible recruit.....other posts ensue respectfully...and you are one of few with any problems or issues...based only that it is a school that for reasons unbeknown to many ...you don't like. These people weren't nasty, arrogant, high and mighty etc...

I am not going to change my objectivity when I post...so call it what you want...you can actually be gasp a SLU fan and be objective. When warranted I make positive or negative comments on anything, when not, I don't.

however, you NEVER fail to come to the rescue of good ole marquette.

you can claim all the objectivity in the world, but objectivity and marquette obviously doesnt work for you in the same breath. deny it all you want, but i am not the only one that has indeed pointed that out to you.

i enjoy your other posts tremendously though. and i still dont see how these other two guys showing up only on marquette issues (lawman and yourself excluded) isnt a little strange. i dont see most of us at other teams sites correcting regulars there about their opinions of the billikens.

These guys came n here because both Marquette and SLU have been recruiting the same player. It is off-season etc...so somebody stops by to probably read this board for info on Stemler, ....that person has a subscription article and posts it as a courtesy. Simple....end of discussion.

I post all the time on a wide arrange of topics....when I speak of other topics and other teams....it doesn't get the attention as would a Mizzou, Marquette etc....I still don't really get it nor care...I suppose because SLU and Marquette played in the same conference for a while and are both jesuit schools...that has sparked some sort of animosity....or perhaps it was some sort of personal experience.

Nobody respeonded to my post regarding Arkansas and Patrick Beverly yesterday....nobody respeonds to posts about Georgetown or BC or whomever.....only a few schools that some posters don't like for various reasons.

I posted some Philly stuff a while back, but only Taj was interested....etc...Only the Bay Area Billiken and Alameda Bob seem interested in the Bay area stuff....and so on.....there isn't an animosity.

Just because I don't bash Mizzou or Marquette or whoever else on this board it apparently bothers you. I speak objectively on here...in fact I didn't quite understand the Acker recruitment for Marquette when they need an inside player and an immeidate shooter....now with one spot left they can't have both. And I didn't understand when B-law thought Marquette would be well serviced with Amoroso as an inside player this year. .....

Nobody seemed interested in discussing Shan Foster or Carroll from Vanderbilt....this week....etc...so therefore the point is for you and for some other posters, objectivity isn't allowed when it comes to some teams you don't like.

Sure there may be things or decisions or people I don't like at Mizzou...but I don't feel the need for the dollar signs or misery child like posts....it isn't what I do.

I don't have to do cartwheels on this board to be a Billiken fan...and because I don't just sit here and flame or be a negative troll either...it sits just fine with me.

>however, you NEVER fail to come to the rescue of good ole

>marquette.

>

>you can claim all the objectivity in the world, but

>objectivity and marquette obviously doesnt work for you in

>the same breath. deny it all you want, but i am not the

>only one that has indeed pointed that out to you.

>

>i enjoy your other posts tremendously though. and i still

>dont see how these other two guys showing up only on

>marquette issues (lawman and yourself excluded) isnt a

>little strange. i dont see most of us at other teams sites

>correcting regulars there about their opinions of the

>billikens.

I decided to re-read the thread Roy to see if my opinion would change...out of thouroughness and objectivity.....it hasn't. I found no need to post on this thread or many other Marquette threads. I only posted to point out to you something from a recent past issue. As far as posters coming over....that stuff happens all the time....on every message board. You have to be kidding me. My point is....you posted in this thread ripping these people and that negativity and lack of objectivity will carry with you to future posts, or to other posters...yeah all those (insert team name here) fans suck...I hate them, that school etc...arrogant bleeps....blah blah.....and I am wiling to bet there are good and bad fans at every school. ......point is...it isn't accurate in this case.

A guy comes, posts an article relevant to SLU fans as a courtesy....end of story....then a few posts occurred about that school etc...as I am sure some Marquette fans are lurking to read this board for Stemler info...and they respond....I recognize MU88 from many past posts on this board btw......now if they came as flame jerks like that one Flyerphan or whatever his name is...that would be another story and I wouldn't have posted one thing.

I cannot possibly understand how you could have made your first post in this thread in the manner you did considering the previous posts in this thread.

And you aren't the only fan on here with dislike for Marquette, Missouri and a few other schools...so I am sure some fans would feel the same as you....doesn't make them accurate or correct, or well informed. Most however don't have this issue.

I can guarantee you ...you have never nor will you see me post a blanket statement over a topic instead of examining individual parts...etc...and in this instance I saw no issues, or interest, or need to post...excpt when you did to point out an issue.

Actually it would have been better of me to actually post to thank the guy for dropping off the article.

you are right. i think steve should in fact set up a special section for marquette posters to post research on the proof of their school being a big time program. it would be a tremendous service us lower then scum programs could provide for you major leaguers.

Courtside wrote: "These guys came n here because both Marquette and SLU have been recruiting the same player. It is off-season etc...so somebody stops by to probably read this board for info on Stemler, ....that person has a subscription article and posts it as a courtesy. Simple....end of discussion."

I really didn't think posting information that you guys would be interested in was a big deal but apparently to some it is?

I just thought you guys would be interested in knowing that MU and Slu had some new competition for Stemler.

I don't make a habit of posting here and I am certainly not obsessed with SLU.

I may be obsessed with Wisconsin however =).

If we don't land Stemler I hope he goes to SLU.

Take care.

Nobody said SLU was scum etc....blah blah ...all in your head...it is all psychologically in your head. And the head of a few. Most of the time when somebody comes here to flame from another school....I ignore them, and they go away.....occasionally and rarely I may challenege them, but usually prefer their quiet and quick exit. And ignoring is best way.

When people come for other means...I enjoy other fans from other schools when they come in peace. And you wil see that I usually engage them from time to time from many different schools.

You are obsessed over Marquette and Mizzou...in a negative way...and that is fine and that is your deal....but it isn't mine...

Look at all of the many many times a Mizzou thread comes up...most of the time it is childlike stuff with no substance...so I ignore...sometimes when it is more worthwhile about players, teams etc...I will chime in with thoughts. Unfortunately most are not high quality threads.

Notice how I posted about U of I's Sergio McClain....and the rercruiting region for SLU etc...the other day....No wild responses from anyone...but had I posted something regarding one of the other schools, it would have received at minimum...."This isn't the ...fill in your school" board.....or some sort of flame.

It's really too bad. (sigh.)