no offense

I know that SJU played good D today but I was wondering about the same thing in the games I watched this season. Where was the give and go, the pick and roll, where were the high screens to get Lisch and Drejaj open looks? I didn't see it as often as I should have.

I don't think it was entirely the offensive sets we ran today that cost us the game. We missed a lot of layups and point blank shots down low. The offense wasn't running like it was earlier in the season, but we could have been in that game early if we got some easy looks or open shots to fall down. If you don't hit open shots, you aren't going to win - no matter what offense is being run. The offense was a mess later in the game, but that was after things were pretty much out of hand.

As for the defense, that wasn't terrible. We held them to less than 40 percent shooting and fewer than 60 points. If you do that most nights, you will win. But again, the offense didn't show up, which cost us the game.