DM at Shootout

SShoe

>I'm not trying to downplay anybody I'm just trying to emphasize that he is a guy that SLU

>should've been recruiting along time ago, not just late this summer

>would've really helped.

Floyd Irons said last season that Hill had an offer from St. Louis U, and I know Brad Soderberg watched some Vashon games last year. So my guess is that SLU was recruiting Hill. I know you have selective memory, but what had Hill done up to this season to show that he should have been a priory for SLU? He was a good role player for Vashon, but had yet to really step up and show what he was capable of. He was always a kid who could run and jump, but he just kind of blended into the background at Vashon and didn't distinguish himself.

>Leon did disappoint, but he's early in his junior year and has some room for error, while

>Dustin, a signed division 1 recruit is supposed to show up in these kinds of games and >make SLU proud and give local fans something to talk about. Powell was disappointing, > but he can play better and hopefully he will.

Just last week you were touting Powell as the top prospect in the area. Now, he's a junior and "has some room for error." Last year, you said Tyler Hansbrough couldn't guard Powell. He also hasn't displayed any of the guard skills you've talked about. Look, I think the kid will be fine if he gets stronger and more aggressive — he could be a decent power forward in the MVC or at SLU — but hopefully you wil slow down with the Leon Powell hype machine and let him go play.

- Nate

>>I'm not trying to downplay anybody I'm just trying to emphasize that he is a guy that SLU

>>should've been recruiting along time ago, not just late this summer

>>would've really helped.

>

>Floyd Irons said last season that Hill had an offer from St.

>Louis U, and I know Brad Soderberg watched some Vashon games

>last year. So my guess is that SLU was recruiting Hill. I

>know you have selective memory, but what had Hill done up to

>this season to show that he should have been a priory for

>SLU? He was a good role player for Vashon, but had yet to

>really step up and show what he was capable of. He was

>always a kid who could run and jump, but he just kind of

>blended into the background at Vashon and didn't distinguish

>himself.

>

>>Leon did disappoint, but he's early in his junior year and has some room for error, while

>>Dustin, a signed division 1 recruit is supposed to show up in these kinds of games and >make SLU proud and give local fans something to talk about. Powell was disappointing, > but he can play better and hopefully he will.

>

>Just last week you were touting Powell as the top prospect

>in the area. Now, he's a junior and "has some room for

>error." Last year, you said Tyler Hansbrough couldn't guard

>Powell. He also hasn't displayed any of the guard skills

>you've talked about. Look, I think the kid will be fine if

>he gets stronger and more aggressive — he could be a decent

>power forward in the MVC or at SLU — but hopefully you wil

>slow down with the Leon Powell hype machine and let him go

>play.

>

>- Nate

Powell is one of the top players in the area. He wasnt on his game last night, offensively, and in the Vashon offense you will get passed over. Dustin, however has one other player on his team to score and thats it. He will get as many shots as he wants and 5 points is unacceptable. Leon's 360 pass along the baseline in traffic to Donald Davis didnt show you any guard skills. He just missed a 3pter. No one said he had mastered the guard position, but he has some wing skills. Vashon has a different leading scorer every night. It's not the same thing. Dustin is that team's scorer. Spencer Stewart is a pass first pg who is used to averaging 8 or 9 assist per game while rebounding and looking for his offense last. He was forced to shoot yesterday, because Dustin lacked effort. Lack of effort is inexcusable, I wont stand for it and neither will Brad.

vtime said,

"Dustin, however has one other player on his team to score and thats it. He will get as many shots as he wants and 5 points is unacceptable."

that is total b.s. edwardsville is likely the second best high school team in the metro st louis area. they beat an extremely good belleville east team weds nite. a belleville east team that has already won a tourney championship this year in MISSOURI. edwardsville is far from a two man team.