Some notes from the Nike Hoop Jamboree

I didn't get to spend much time at St. Louis U. for the Hoop Jamboree because they really limit media access, but there were some kids there to watch.

The top local prospect was probably point guard Torres Roundtree, who will be a sophomore at McCluer North this season (if he stays, you never now). Roundree is Chris Carrawell's brother. He measured at 6-4 and 187 pounds, with a reach of 8-feet-2 and a wingspan of 6-5.

Vashon junior-to-be Leon Powell measured at 6-6 and 188 pounds and was listed as a power forward. He had a reach of 8-feet-8-inches and a 6-11 wingspan. (If he gets to be 6-11, look out!!!)

Lutheran North junior-to-be Rolandis Woodland originally wasn't invited to the camp, but got the nod like Terry Evans did a couple years ago because he was working the camp. Like Evans, Woodland played well. I don't think he'll earn an invite to the Nike Camp in Indy, like Evans did, but Woodland had a good showing from the people I talked to. He's known more as an undersized power forward, but Woodland, who measured at 6-3, did a good job playing the wing. He is 177 pounds. His reach is 8-feet-1 and his wingspan is 6-6.

One kid there the Billikens have been linked to was Kansas City area junior-to-be George Goode II, from Raytown South High. Goode measured at 6-7, 202 pounds, with a reach of 8-feet-9 inches and a 7-foot wingspan.

I'm not sure this kid has been mentioned here, but the Billikens will probably have to look at center Mike Tisdale from Riverton High in Springfield, Ill. Tisdale plays for the St. Louis Eagles, is a young junior-to-be (like 15 years old) and is rather raw. At the camp, Tisdale measured at 7-feet, 195 pounds, with a reach of 9-feet-2 inches and a wingspan of 7-1.

That's all I've got, but maybe some of the other folks who got in can add to this.

- Nate

3 Star,

I asked a guy I know with the Eagles and he said Tisdale has grown since the tryouts when I last saw the kid. I was joking that Tisdale would only be about 160 pounds when he was weighed.

There could easily be typos in the camp roster that I got. There was one kid, a 6-7 forward with a 7-2 wingspan, who was listed as being able to reach 9-feet-11-inches. So, basically, you have a decent sized kid who can almost touch the rim without jumping.

- Nate