Dustin Maguire commits to SLU

>FYI - Bullseye ranks him #36 in Illinois in their latest

>issue.

When it comes to southern Illinois hoops, Bullseye in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. Case in point during Liddell's sr year they had a Danville High rated Top 15 and East Side rated in the lower 30s. They met in a holiday tourney and East Side promptly destroyed Danville by 30 points.I have not seen Maguire play but I know as a sophmore he put up 29 points in the regional finals vs a very athletic East Side team.

if his injuries were leg/back related i might be concerned. my understanding is that it was not.

i agree, the bullseye brothers are definitely less credible south of I-80. and that is simply because they dont get to see the south part of the state nearly as much.

We have plenty of open scholarship so I'm not against getting a shooter. Lord knows we this skill but I guess the question of whether Maguire ends up being a roll player (offense off the bench) or a more important piece to the puzzle will depend on his defense. Very glad to hear 3Star say he has a quick release.