looking at stltoday.com this morning, it appears we have 3 nfl football articles and 2 blues articles today. i find it hard to believe that the st louis area really cares since we have no active season for either sport going right now. at least not to the point of multiple articles for both.

be sure to drop a line to "hello larry" to remind him of your wish to see more billiken news at the post.

Roy, I agree with you in concept and have E-mailed Starks and his bosses, BUT I think we need to be reasonable in our approach. The Super Bowl is the biggest sports event of the year and deserves lots of coverage (I'd be disappointed with less) and the Blues/Hockey had news what with the new meeting being requested by the owners. On the flip side, there is no news today about Bills BB so I wouldn't expect anything from the PD. Let's hold their feet to the fire re our Bills w/o going overboard and I believe we will be more effective.

Roy, I agree w/ you and will e-mail today. I am including additional info which I obtained from the Wall Street Journal today. First the sale of the Post is not a given at this point, but is considered probable because of the following: If a transaction was consummated top executives(7) will be eligible to split a bonus pool of $4,000,000. Members of lower management will be eligible for a similar program valued at up to $6.2 million. For the full fiscal year net climbed to 44.1 million. In addition this company has raised the dividend. However, they cannot allow the salaried beat reporter to do a game day story because they are cutting back on expenses. Comparing the expense of the game day story to the over all corporate financial picture makess the decision ludicrous. The Post cannot send the beat reporter to the game in Mississippi because of a scale back. Again, the cost of the trip compared to the over-all corporate picture makes you wonder. There is local interest in the Bills. Our last game attracted over 8.300. Lets see how the East Carolina game is handled. In the mean time I urge everyone to send an e-mail. Covering the local team makes the Post stronger and is consistent with their stated corporate strategy of emphasising local sports to make the paper an attractive alternative to the inter net.