Interesting: the betting public

kshoe

has figured out that SLU and Mizzou aren't very good although the guys that set the odds seem to be a little slow.

The opening line for the SLU game tonight was SLU by 1. Now we are 2 point dogs. The opening line for the Mizzou game was Arkansas by 1, now Arkansas is favored by 3.5. For those that don't normally look at the lines those are pretty big moves.

Bloomberg is my data source.

If I were betting on the games I'd take the visiting team in both games but I'm pretty pessimistic these days.

Wow, 2 point dogs? I'd say SLU is a good bet. First off, I think we will win this game. Our backs are against the wall and we really need this win to salvage some confidence. That aside, the Billikens always play close games. I'd say, given our history, chances of us losing this by one is far greater than losing by 6-7. If I didn't lose over the weekend and last night(damn cowboys...sorry Rich), I'd take the bet.

Polk is the key tonight. If he can dribble through the press UWM will throw out there all night and set-up a half-court, slow tempo offense SLU will win. A friend saw Air Force do that to UWM and UWM looked awful until Air Force lost control and let UWM play up-tempo. UWM plays defense like UAB.