Coaching changes!

Billikan

It is being reported that Henry Bibby was fired as head coach of the USC basketball team after 4!!!! games this season!!! It is absolutely amazing how schools treat their coaches in this day of "what have you done lately?" Just a couple of years ago they were in the sweet sixteen. I sure hope we at SLU never get to the "win at all costs" attitude. I doubt that we will but it really concerns me how some posters are ripping Brad after just a few games this year when everyone wanted him to be signed quickly before he got away this past summer.

Also, in the article I read, Randy Bennett of St. Marys was identified as a possible candidate that USC might be interested in after the season. I always thought Randy was a great guy and it good to see he is getting some recognition.

the only surprise is this didn't happen sooner. Bibby ran a mediocre program other than the 2 good years they had in 01 and 02, couldn't even get his own kid to play for him, was always chasing after a pro job, and brought in questionable characters to the program, many of whom never were eligible. USC has never really cared about hoops, maybe this is a sign they are now.