Marque and the San Antonio Spurs

NBA Exhibition Season Started

Here are Marque's stat lines so far. Anyone know who he's fighting with for one of the final spots?

He has 4 more games to make an impression.

Game 1 vs Knicks:

Min = 12

FG = 0-3

PT = 0

Reb= 0

Assist = 4

TO = 3

Stl = 1

Game 2 vs Suns:

Min = 8

FG = 0-0

FT = 1-2

PT = 1

Reb= 1

Assist = 0

TO = 0

Stl = 0

Game 3 vs 76ers:

Min = 11

FG = 1-3

PT = 2

Reb= 0

Assist = 2

TO = 1

Stl = 1

Blk = 1

I have my doubts as to whether marque can make this squad. He is the last guard on the depth chart right now. He is up against a returning center in Ruben Bounte Bountje, NBA journeyman Tony Massenberg who never plays but seems to always get on someones team, a PF. Those three guys look like they are on the outside looking in. SA has two pgs in Parker and Devin Brown, Ginoboli and Slovenian Udrih are both combo guys and Romain Sato appears to have a lock on that last spot at guard.

Perry may want to reup with a team with a little less guard depth. Considering SA is the best team in the league Perry should get some looks from other teams if he made it through camp with this far.

With Parker DNPed not surprising to see Perry get some more time. He was probably matched up against some decent guys in Ridnour and Daniels also up against fellow NBDL alum Mateen Cleaves who is in a similar situation to Perry on the Sonics.

He had a decent game, Just see how SA wants their team to go. Marque may still just squeeze in their as the 12th man.

I believe that NBA squads keep 15 players. They have 12 active players and 3 reserves that practice, but don't travel with the squad. Their contracts aren't guranteed, so they tend to cycle in and out depending on injuries and "team need."

But he'll make the league minimum (not bad for a 23 year old) if he makes it. He's got a shot at that.

Correct me if I'm mistaken.

That is right. Although not all teams keep 15 players, mny in fact do not. SA made a cut the other day, they now have 17 players on the roster. Perry is one of the 15 getting in games thus far so that is a good sign.

Looks like the Spurs just signed another point guard in the last 24 hours.

Mike Wilks.

He'll be competing against Marque.

Here's the info ..

Wilks joins Spurs: Point guard Mike Wilks, waived by the Bulls last week, has agreed to terms with San Antonio. The Bulls are still on the hook for his $720,046 salary.