Ford Adds Another Ford.

I saw this on the SLU Athletic site.  Are two Fords better than one?  Looks like we got another practice player?

ST. LOUIS – Saint Louis University head men’s basketball head coach Travis Ford today named Ford Stuen the Billikens’ Director of Player Development.

Stuen, the nephew of Travis Ford, played four years for his uncle at Oklahoma State. Stuen was one of 20 Big 12 Conference student-athletes who were awarded the Dr. Prentice Gautt Postgraduate Scholarship.

“It is great to have Ford as a part of our program,” Ford said. “He is obviously someone who knows me really well, and will bring a lot to the table having played four years for me at Oklahoma State. He really understands the game of basketball and is willing to work day and night to help the program become the best it can be.”

Stuen was a first-team Academic All-Big 12 selection. He appeared in 27 games for the Cowboys over the last four seasons and is a career 46.2 percent shooter from the floor. He helped Oklahoma State to three NCAA Tournament appearances during his time in Stillwater.

“I would like to thank Coach Ford and Saint Louis University for this amazing opportunity,” Stuen said. “It’s an exciting time to be a part of the program and there is no other place I would rather be. The vision that Coach Ford and the rest of the staff have is something I strongly believe in and want to help build. Coming off a great summer, the future looks bright and I am exciting to see the city get behind this program.”

A native of Henderson, Ky., Stuen prepped at Henderson County and spent a post-graduate year at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla. He was the starting point guard for IMG, which registered a 38-2 record against prep schools and was ranked among the top-five nationally.

With the addition of Stuen, the Billikens’ full-time staff is complete.