NCAA Tournament Travel

Does anybody know if the NCAA covers the travel cost for teams in the tournament? Hypothetical scenario: a small school, with zero athletic budget, has to charter a flight across the country... is that all on the school?

Just an MBM here, but I think the NCAA pays for it. Pretty sure they'd be in legal trouble if they didn't since a school can't decline a bid.

The costs are covered. The NCAA charters the flights and contracts the hotels

Eons ago Tiger travel out of Indy was the charter service /-- it was literally chaos on Selection Sundsy to get all flights and in some cases travel coaches squared

The costs are covered. The NCAA charters the flights and contracts the hotels

Eons ago Tiger travel out of Indy was the charter service /-- it was literally chaos on Selection Sundsy to get all flights and in some cases travel coaches squared

Ya I can't imagine the logistics of the whole operation. Last year was interesting going along as a Band member. The charter had team, Saintsations, band and boosters on it. It was a relatively old McDonald-Douglas and was just about completely full. I guess they had to completely fill the fuel tanks to make it to San Jose which put us overweight, especially considering we were carrying a drum set and three sousaphones. We sat on the tarmac for an hour or two as they got the weight right. Took up every available foot on the runway on take off. They gave us a 757 on the way back, No problems and I got two seats to myself.

Thus ends Life on the Road with DK