Chaifetz 4 big events in 48 hours

bk18

Muse

SLU MBB

Mike Epps

Cheerleading

The video shows a 48 hour time lapse in 4 minutes.

Obviously there's no easy way to get numbers on total ticket sales and prices, but I heard the tickets for Mike Epps were $100 - $500 per seat. Is that right??? Attendance for the MBB game was 10,272. I wouldn't be surprised if that was over $2 million in ticket sales revenue for events in a 2 day period. I know most of that money doesn't go to SLU as profit, but I bet some of it does.

Anyone know how profitable Chaifetz Arena is annually?

More like $10.00 - $50.00 on Epps.

"Next Friday" and "All About the Benjamins" were two of the worst movies of the aught's (00's).

Cube should have never tried to keep the "Friday" franchise alive post-Chris Tucker. Mike Epps is no Chris Tucker, IMO.

More like $10.00 - $50.00 on Epps.

"Next Friday" and "All About the Benjamins" were two of the worst movies of the aught's (00's).

Cube should have never tried to keep the "Friday" franchise alive post-Chris Tucker. Mike Epps is no Chris Tucker, IMO.

$44-$101

I heard someone tell me they paid $250 for one ticket.

And I heard someone else tell me that they were $500 for floor seats and cheapest was $100.

I found this hard to believe.

Me too. I mean it's Mike Epps! It's not like seeing Sammy Davis at the Sahara.

And I heard someone else tell me that they were $500 for floor seats and cheapest was $100.

On the secondary market. Wouldn't have much to do with the arena's income statement.

I find a lot of things hard to believe in terms of what people will pay on the secondary ticket market to watch something that seems worthless to me. NASCAR, 98% of Broadway shows, 98% of pop music, "blue collar" comedians, college football. I know Mike Epps only as Black Doug from the Hangover, but apparently he's a big deal to a lot of people. Good news for our campus arena even if they only get the primary sale dollars (although I have no idea how much SLU pulls in from outside events).

Also of note:

The average attendance for the year's 19 home games was 7,673 per game overall and 9,710 for conference home games.

Others of note:

Creighton...... 17,155

Dayton.......... 12,438

Xavier........... 10,155

Butler............ 6,852

That was, in fact, true on StubHub last week. Ain't it cool that they legalized scalping?

Someone should have reevaluated the original price point on those tickets if they really sold for 5x face value.

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends how many actually sold for this. There's almost always some poor sucker who wants to impress a date or a client or give their little precious that very special birthday present -- especially when they're able to buy fifth row center or something like that without having to go through the random presale process.

I would point out, however, that this absolutely screams for Chaifetz to escape the 20th century and implement its own ticketing system à la the Cardinals. In that event it would get a cut of all the resales. It's incredible to me that the management company, which is supposed to manage arenas across the country, doesn't have its own software for this.