A-10 power rankings, with SLU ahead of Butler

A10-ISL

Good morning,

My name's Chris Goff, and I cover Butler for IndySportsLegends.com.

If you're interested in today's A-10 rankings, which is one of my weekly duties, you can check 'em out here: http://www.indysportslegends.com/2013/02/18/atlantic-10-power-rankings-vcu-new-no-1/

I like reaching out to out-of-market fans. Give me a shout here or on Twitter @chrisgoff_ISL. This week's SLU comment is all positive, of course.

I can't wait to see the Billikens play VCU and Butler this week. Wish you luck and maybe we'll see SLU at No. 1 next week. Crews has a well-oiled machine right now, doesn't he?

What was already a rock-solid defense is becoming scary good. Jim Crews can throw a tag team of defenders at opposing wings led by Dwayne Evans, one of the most valuable players in the A-10 at that end. His length at 6-5 makes him a big obstacle for shooters, but it’s his ability to contain the drive that sets him apart. Behind him is Jordair Jett, another intelligent wing who adds the ability to break passing lanes for steals, and Cory Remekun, who blocks shots and causes problems with his length at 6-8. Good luck, America. It’s no wonder they’ve won seven in a row.

The 7-game win streak has coincided with a reduced role for Remekun. Cody Ellis probably should be mentioned in any blurb about SLU, even if you're just focusing on the defense. He flops draws charges with the best of them, and he's averaging nearly 2 steals per game during the current win streak.

first of all thanks for posting I think we all enjoy looking at different rankings across the country. I thought it was interesting that you picked Dwane Evans as your focal point of the defensive intensity when Jett and McCall usually get most of the love. NIce to see him getting some appreciation

You're rankings were wrong all season. Here is how it should be and any objective person would view it this way:

#1 SLU

#2 Everyone Else

Billiken Domination