A-Bomb

tdog

I have been wondering where the A-Bomb has been and how he's been doing, knowing that he was serving in Iraq, so I was really happy to see on the news just now that the 4th I.D. has just returned home to Ft. Hood. Let's all hope that he came home with them, and give him a fine Billiken welcome home!

T-Dog thanks for the concern but I have been back in the US for a while now I even made it to a few Billikens games this year. You are partially correct I have been off the board because I was in the desert but this time the desert of New Mexico at White Sands Missile Range. I was there for the past month. I was up in Tikrit with 4ID and lived a few miles from where Saddam was caught. I wish I would have caught him I could have a TV Movie of the Week and be a guest judge on American Idol, that would be sweet.

As you know there is the very pristine white sandy dunes of White Sands that you see at the State Park and then the training area is just regular desert dunes with Yucca bushes and sage brush. Iraq is different the sand is different and there aren't really bushes but small scrub plants. It also depends on what part of Iraq you are in up North there are some mountains but down south it is totally flat. You really don't see sand dunes because the ground is hard. In Kuwait and Saudi you will find the picturesque dunes. White Sands is a good training area because MLRS (multiple launch rocket system) needs a large area to shoot rockets in.

Thanks for your response.When I first moved to NM I was invited to go to Trinity Site (open 1 or 2 days a year). a very worth while trip. The histroy of the A-bomb in NM (Los Alamos and White Sands) is most interesting.