A10 Opening Round 3/06

Taj79

So what is everyone thinking? i know the Wiz has all the higher seeds favored. The trend should hold true that the home team/higher seeds win out and we get the best basketball the A10 has to offer come this weekend. Howewver, as Timmerman points out, all the lower seeds won last year except us at Rhode Island. So we have a potential Joaquin Andujar situiation brewing (youneverknow).

While I expect the higher seeds to win, two games give me pause, GeeDub at Dayton and Richmond at La Salle.

Will Dayton take the night off after just having dispatched the Colonials last Saturday? While usually stoic and unbeatable at home, Dayton has lost to the likes of Buffalo, Rhode Island and Duquesne in the friendly confines of the DDD this year. I'd also like to see Dayton and Xavier go at it one more time Friday night. Why not? Let them emotionally pound on each other as the winner moves on to hopefully meet us Saturday on a short turnaround.

Richmond has been playing well of late, losing by small change at Xavier and routing Dayton. They have had a week off. They employ those mind-numbing match-up zones and motion offenses. I think they have more talent than La Salle. And have the better coach. Plus La Salle's students are on spring break and the Gola Mausoleum wil be even less friendly than usual.

Umass did lose at Duqesne earlier this year I can't see that happening at Amherst. And while Charlotte did also win at Hagan earlier this year, the teams in those two games were at different places. I think St. Joe's is a little more on the upswing this time then before and should prevail.

-i would like for dayton to win three games and that gets them to the ncaa play in game on their own floor, very difficult to type something positive about svu, i realize it won't or shouldn't happen that way (they are on the other side of the bracket, right? the a10 site doesn't even have teams in the bracket :(:angry:, all tbd )