alameda bob-Latest On USF Opening...

Schasz

Yesterday, I read an article on Clyde Vaughn who is one of Calhoun's top Assts. The article mentioned that he was going to interview for the University of San Francisco opening after the NCAA Tourney. Vaughn has been with UConn for a couple years and prior to that had been an Asst here in Tampa with USF. He was given the job to coach Okafor and told that his job was to make him a better player...looks like he did a pretty decent job.

I was wrong last week when I said Mrs. Keady would move the family to San Francisco. The paper here said he was too loyal to the Boilermakers to leave Purdue. I hope she isn't too hard on the old coach.

USF is tired of getting creamed twice annually by Gonzaga, and they announced that the St. Josephs Hawks will come out to the Hilltop next year. So they better get somebody good. I remember Bob Gaillard saying 18 year olds can't appreciate a place like San Francisco, not like 21 year olds when it comes to recruiting.