THE JILLIKENS??

I have not heard anything but if this is true I would not be surprised - I think the team really tanked on the coach this year. Also, how much longer will Jill be able to stay at SLU - she has had plenty of time to build a winner. This year was a step backwards for the team.

i honestly dont pay much attention to the women's program. i dont think most of us do. i will say that i attend about 3-4 of the jilliken games each year, so i am at least trying to support the women's team some.

that said, it is discouraging that jill doesnt have much success recruiting locally at all. the three best players the last couple of high school seasons were probably katie dierdorf, steph lisch and the rudolphi girl from carlyle. now katie is going to michigan. but my gosh, we lost to indiana state on both lisch and rudolphi? that is sad.

Roy, I agree and that is kind of of my point - I am not sure the program is progressing. If Jill had been a men's coach she would have been let go long ago. I think she came when Spoon came if memory serves me - that would be 12 years ago and she has only made it one NIT tourney.

>i honestly dont pay much attention to the women's program.

>i dont think most of us do. i will say that i attend about

>3-4 of the jilliken games each year, so i am at least trying

>to support the women's team some.

>

>that said, it is discouraging that jill doesnt have much

>success recruiting locally at all. the three best players

>the last couple of high school seasons were probably katie

>dierdorf, steph lisch and the rudolphi girl from carlyle.

>now katie is going to michigan. but my gosh, we lost to

>indiana state on both lisch and rudolphi? that is sad.

I know Katie Dierdorf. She goes to my school and is a senior. I'm only in 8th grade. She is the star player of our varsity basketball team. She is very good, and is also a very nice person! It's just too bad that she isn't coming to SLU!