Billiken Baseball

I believe they beat KU last year who had beaten LSU in Baton Rouge earlier

KU probably throws maybe a 5 or 6 against us and saves their aces for conference or the likes of LSU or TCU.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but I want to see SLU beat a quality team before I get too excited about this season. SLU barely beat Division III Wash U earlier this season, winning 5-4 on a run in the 9th. And Wash U had a mediocre season last year and are 2-5 to start this season although they have lost to some good teams. I would just temper my expectations for SLU a bit. They haven't really played any team of substance just yet.

I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but I want to see SLU beat a quality team before I get too excited about this season. SLU barely beat Division III Wash U earlier this season, winning 5-4 on a run in the 9th. And Wash U had a mediocre season last year and are 2-5 to start this season although they have lost to some good teams. I would just temper my expectations for SLU a bit. They haven't really played any team of substance just yet.

There's hardly any parity in college baseball when SLU gets 30 runs scored on them last year in Fayetteville (32-8 Arkansas) then wins the A-10 tournament. For SLU, they got hot late and carried momentum into the post-season.

KU probably throws maybe a 5 or 6 against us and saves their aces for conference or the likes of LSU or TCU.

Did a little research on this..They actually put up 12 hits and 5 earned runs on Ohio State's #1 who was 23rd pick overall last year, and then beat their #2 last year. Also with Kansas they came to town last year at #19 I believe and the Bills put up 9 hits 8 runs 8 earned in 6 innings, they then went on to beat Kansas #2 putting up 7 runs 7 earned..Pretty impressive, this early in the year they don't save arms on the weekend

Did a little research on this..They actually put up 12 hits and 5 earned runs on Ohio State's #1 who was 23rd pick overall last year, and then beat their #2 last year. Also with Kansas they came to town last year at #19 I believe and the Bills put up 9 hits 8 runs 8 earned in 6 innings, they then went on to beat Kansas #2 putting up 7 runs 7 earned..Pretty impressive, this early in the year they don't save arms on the weekend

Excellent research, sir. I stand corrected.

I get where you are coming from but you have to be excited about the direction of the program. Very good things are happening that should make people who follow the athletic programs very pleased.

I get where you are coming from but you have to be excited about the direction of the program. Very good things are happening that should make people who follow the athletic programs very pleased.

Just saw on the Billiken's twitter...Baseball off to their best start since 1966??? Wow