Anyone seen an Athlon`s or Lindy`s preview?

BLIKNS

Living down here in Florida,college basketball isn`t the highest sports topic. It is hard to find the preview magazines at grocery stores,so was wondering if any of them are out yet?

Seemed like Athlon`s was always first out,sometimes in late Sept.

Living down here in Florida,college basketball isn`t the highest sports topic. It is hard to find the preview magazines at grocery stores,so was wondering if any of them are out yet?

Seemed like Athlon`s was always first out,sometimes in late Sept.

Yes. I've seen Lindy's (which is always first), Sporting News, and Athlon's. (I haven't seen Street & Smith in a while.) The consensus among these appears to have SLU 5th in the A-10 and in the NIT, though they could be an upstart and make the NCAA Tournament.

Thanks.

I used to really enjoy Street and Smith`s.They were like the only ones who had high school coverage,back in the day.

Street & Smith was bought by Sports Illustrated a couple of years ago. The SI basketball preview is basically the same format and content as the old Street & Smith.

Actually, Street & Smith was bought out by American City Business Journals, which is headquartered in Charlotte. Also same company that bought out The Sporting News, so the annual hoops preview is now published under the SN moniker.

Yes. I've seen Lindy's (which is always first), Sporting News, and Athlon's. (I haven't seen Street & Smith in a while.) The consensus among these appears to have SLU 5th in the A-10 and in the NIT, though they could be an upstart and make the NCAA Tournament.

Lindy's and Athlon's really don't go out of their way to substantiate their predictions: one of them said walk on Darrin Young if that is the name was going to be a breakthrough player this year; I believe he transferred

to Maryville if I have the name right. Did RM drive off our best walk on?

None of them mention our later recruits and after the finish we had last year neither projected big things in the A-10 for us.

If everyone is eligible I would say we have to be a top three A-10 contender from day 1.